1/72 Su-15UM V.V.S. Trumpeter

Hello all

Here is my latest, the Trumpeter kit of the Su-15UM. It was completed using the Pavla replacement resin nose and decals from the Begemot Su-15 sheet. The kit seats were detailed with plastic card and harnesses from an Ace etch set. The paints used were my usual Humbrol 27002/3 metallics. I used Flory washes for the first time and found them easy to use and was very pleased with the result. I really enjoyed this one and can thoroughly recommend the kit, it’s one of Trumpeters best in my view.

Hope you like the pics.

Cheers

Pete

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Pete

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

• Pete in a shed changed the title to 1/72 Su-15UM V.V.S. Trumpeter

Wow!  I had no idea this version even existed, and was combat-capable, no less!  I'm really impressed with those decals, which include an inscription for "excellent!" and what appear to be people's signatures over the inspection panels.  Ah-maaaz-ing!  Great work, excellent detail, as always.  Alex

• Like 1

What a terrific build!  You have such a realistic NMF... I am quite jealous. :)  I have to agree that this is a good kit -- I assume it shares most parts with the Trumpeter Su-15 TM I built about a year ago and, except for a little work needed on the intakes, I found it to be a well designed and molded kit.  I did mine in a camo scheme that was pretty unique and interesting, but frankly I think bare metal suits this aircraft and you've done a wonderful job.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2021 at 00:13, SAT69 said:

Beautiful work and very nicely displayed. I'll bet that airplane was a beast to fly.

Thanks very much. Yes I imagine it was probably like I've heard said about what it was like to fly the E.E. Lighting, Two (in this case) screaming pilots astride two screaming engines😁.

On 13/01/2021 at 00:22, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wow!  I had no idea this version even existed, and was combat-capable, no less!  I'm really impressed with those decals, which include an inscription for "excellent!" and what appear to be people's signatures over the inspection panels.  Ah-maaaz-ing!  Great work, excellent detail, as always.  Alex

Thanks Alex. The aircraft depicted was from the 218th Training and Instructor Aviation Regiment (Stavropol Pilot and Navigators Military University), Salsk airfield in the 70's. And as you rightly say was named 'excellent aircraft'. I think the markings on the panels are pictorial instructions/job guides as they are on all aircraft. We need Su -15 ground crew to confirm.

spacer.png

On 13/01/2021 at 00:54, opus999 said:

What a terrific build!  You have such a realistic NMF... I am quite jealous. :)  I have to agree that this is a good kit -- I assume it shares most parts with the Trumpeter Su-15 TM I built about a year ago and, except for a little work needed on the intakes, I found it to be a well designed and molded kit.  I did mine in a camo scheme that was pretty unique and interesting, but frankly I think bare metal suits this aircraft and you've done a wonderful job

Many thanks. Yes the same basic parts I think plus the same poor fit round the intakes. I took the easy option with the metallic finish, the camo scheme is wicked but too hard for me. well done for doing that.

On 13/01/2021 at 10:16, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build.

Thanks Ryan

On 13/01/2021 at 11:30, swralph said:

Great looking build Pete.😀

Cheers Ralph

22 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Lovely job Pete, excellent work!

Thank you very much

• Like 2

I've never really taken notice of this aircraft until now.

I think that's a seriously good looking aircraft, something different to the usual. Very nicely applied metallic paints, Humbrol which I haven't used in a long time & looks like another must have kit.

Martin

• Like 1

On 14/01/2021 at 19:03, IGKent said:

Nice build Pete! Superb! :like:

Thank you Igor

22 hours ago, James G said:

Really nice Flagon, great result!

Cheers James

21 hours ago, Natter said:

The model is, like the plane's name, excellent.  The Humbrol Metalcotes are really nice paints, but your NMF is a class piece of work

Thanks Dave. I swear by  Humbrol 27002.  Its so easy to create different shades with a little of another colour of your choice.

21 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

I've never really taken notice of this aircraft until now.

I think that's a seriously good looking aircraft, something different to the usual. Very nicely applied metallic paints, Humbrol which I haven't used in a long time & looks like another must have kit

Cheers Martin. I think its a cracking shape as well, so of the time.  

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Heaps of well deserved praise! A great model of a great machine ;)

Thanks Martin , you're very kind.

9 hours ago, F-32 said:

Superb, that's a real eye catcher

Thanks F-32😀