Bloch M.B. 210 (L545)

klr

I have this in the stash for the last 30 years, but it's in the remote part of the stash. I wasn't sure I'd be able to access it in time, so I bought the re-release with shiny new decals!

DSC01448_dr_025.jpg

DSC01449_dr_020.jpg

DSC01450_dr_020.jpg

As a very first step, I mated the upper wings to the fuselage halves. The fit was very good for a kit from 1967, which is older than me!

IMG_20210109_224001_dr_025.jpg

Dry-fitting these sub-assemblies was encouraging:

IMG_20210109_224031_dr_020.jpg

These depressions on the ailerons will need correcting at some point:

IMG_20210110_101259_dr_025.jpg

Work on the interior:

IMG_20210110_101334_dr_020.jpg

I decided to paint those areas of the outer fuselage around the windows, before attaching them. I even painted the inner edges of the frames, as almost all windows attach to the inside of the fuselage.

IMG_20210110_155424_dr_020.jpg

More "progress" tomorrow.

Edited by klr
typos, tags added
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

Delighted to see this one being built, I always was sucker for good looks !

Good luck.

Cheers Pat 

I didn't realise until I started building that the 210 has slightly inverted gull wings. Along with the unusual swept-back plan-form, that makes it, well, unusual to say the least. Oh, and the boxy fuselage puts it over the top! I certainly don't regret buying a second kit. The spare decals from this re-release will be put to good use on the old stash kit ... some day.

11 minutes ago, klr said:

I didn't realise until I started building that the 210 has slightly inverted gull wings. Along with the unusual swept-back plan-form, that makes it, well, unusual to say the least. Oh, and the boxy fuselage puts it over the top! I certainly don't regret buying a second kit. The spare decals from this re-release will be put to good use on the old stash kit ... some day.

Not really a gull-wing. Just a fair bit of dihedral outboard of the engine nacelles.

50829737711_ddce63f021_b.jpg

50829737741_16caec6de5_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Not really a gull-wing. Just a fair bit of dihedral outboard of the engine nacelles.

50829737711_ddce63f021_b.jpg

50829737741_16caec6de5_b.jpg

Chris

Well, then the kit seems wrong unfortunately. But by how much? Not as much as I'd feared. The anhedral of the inner section is very slight, and is barely noticeable on the lower surface. I'm certainly not going to rip the wings off or do any other major surgery like that. I suspect the problem is down the sheer weight and size of the wings, and it may be barely visible once the kit is complete and resting on the undercarriage,

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @klr

Any news on this one ?

I thought I had this one in the stash but shockingly I seem to have overlooked it !

I really like the scheme you have chosen as well.

Cheers Pat 

I'm looking at it as I type this! I've done a bit more work, but it's on the back burner until midnight, when the KUTA gallery closes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klr said:

I'm looking at it as I type this! I've done a bit more work, but it's on the back burner until midnight, when the KUTA gallery closes!

Whoops good point I've got a Firefly to finish !

Sadly, something had to give in the last week, and this was it. It was just too big and complex (but not akward). I will find the time over the next few weeks to give it the attention it deserves.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Sorry to hear that @klr but well done on completing the other builds. :like:

Cheers Pat 

5 completed (Storch and Taifun just today!). The Sabre will have to wait a couple of days more, the Bloch 210 rather longer. It's not as if I don't have other kits to build during that time ...

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Hi @klr

Did you ever come back to this one ?

I eventually found my one of these, I must have got it very cheap as its got no box, every single part is loose off the sprues and the decals are missing ! 

cheers Pat