Dragon 1/35 Sherman Firefly Ic: now with added Cromwell

Mozzy19

As if by magic, I now have a finished section of cobbled street which is ready for paint and I also have a painted building. I took it upon myself to order a set of Gecko Models marching machine gunners to add to the scene.

20210221_203608

20210221_203627

Sean

• Like 10

Thanks Darryl much appreciated.

So with a week off work and an unpleasant day of weather here in the wilds of Cumbria I’ve cracked on with this. The barn/outbuilding is finished and I’ve added some tufts of grass and a few spots of burnt green flocking to represent moss and other general vegetation that can appear on these sorts of buildings. The road also got some attention with various shades of grey paint before I applied a dark wash to blend it all in. I still need to add some muddy tracks onto the road and generally work on the muddy slop surrounding the road. But with another crap day of weather in prospect for tomorrow I’ll have plenty of time to sort that out.

20210223_205033

20210223_205059

Sean

• Like 11

Base: check.

Firefly: check.

Now I just need the figures to show up and and then I’ll be able to call this little scene complete until Airfix release their Cromwell.

20210224_205213

20210224_205247

I also need to reunite the fella there with his Churchill, he’s not too sure about using a 17pdr...

Sean

• Like 10

• Mozzy19 changed the title to Dragon 1/35 Sherman Firefly Ic: now with added Cromwell

Now, I got somewhat bogged down with the figures and lost enthusiasm for this. But now I’ve got around to start the second part of this scene which is the Airfix Cromwell. So after a fairly pleasant afternoon reacquainting myself with cutting and glueing plastic I’ve got the basics of the lower hull mostly complete.

20220122_205825

20220122_205833

Sean

• Like 8

The hull is now complete and I’ve made a start on the turret. I wasn’t overly impressed with the four pieces of etch on the front, they just seemed unnecessarily fiddly but they’re on anyway. I also wasn’t particularly wowed by the exhaust shroud so that received a bit of attention.

20220125_194636

20220125_162438

Sean

• Like 6

The main parts of the IKEA turret are now together. I ignored the instructions here and glued the sides to the turret roof first as the larger mating surfaces help align everything much better than how the instructions want you to do it.

20220126_203326

It’s quite a nice little kit this and a nice change from the Dragon complexity of my last few builds.

Sean

• Like 7