1/72 - North American AT-6/SNB & Harvard IIB-IV by Special Hobby (Academy plastic) - released - new boxing AT-6C/D & SNJ-3/3C

Homebee

Special Hobby is to rebox the 1/72nd Academy AT-6G Texan with new parts in order to propose earlier AT-6/SNB and Harvard Mk.IIB-IV versions.

Source: https://www.specialhobby.info/2021/01/news-from-special-hobby-012021.html

(...) In the first half of 2021 we also plan to release the reboxing of another company’s kit -  Academy ‘s 1/72 AT-6G Texan. We will supply new injected canopy parts as well as a set of resin parts to convert it into the earlier war-time AT-6/SNB version,as well as the Harvard Mk.IIB-IV produced for the Commonwealth. (...)

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At long last!  Well done Special Hobby!

I'm so excited!  :frantic::frantic::frantic:

@RidgeRunner have you seen this??

Too much to ask for it to be available for the Texan/Harvard STGB I suppose?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

Possibly yet another example of safe sites that have not renewed their appropriate reference.

Or MWB just not on the ball. The cert is dated 6.1.2021.

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

Malwarebites blocks this site for me, and strongly recommends not visiting it.  Possibly yet another example of safe sites that have not renewed their appropriate reference.

Weird, I use Malwarebytes too and it raises no objection

I suppose it's possible they have fixed the certificate in the last few mins

Anyway, this is GOOD NEWS, especially this part 

"We will supply new injected canopy parts as well as a set of resin parts to convert it into the earlier war-time AT-6/SNB version,as well as the Harvard Mk.IIB-IV produced for the Commonwealth."

Edited by Work In Progress

7 hours ago, Wez said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@RidgeRunner

I endorse this statement.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wez said:

What he said ↑↑↑↑↑↑

Seriously, this is fantastic news. Well done Special Hobby. I'll take at least half a dozen. Also, I love the Academy kit. It's such a pleasant build, so I can't think of a better starting point for this release. We better get some pre-orders in chaps. I don't think this one is going to hang around.

Well, at least I can now stop nagging Airfix to produce this kit, and well done to Special Hobby. This is long overdue.

Steve  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

NONONONONONONO

keep nagging!

Well, I could.....

But I've been nagging for years now and got nowhere. Only thing I haven't tried is sending "the boys" round, and if that works, Airfix will probably end up doing it in 1/48 knowing my luck. In the meantime, the very nice Academy kit with extras will do me just fine. 

Slightly joking of course. 

Still, this (limited?) SH release is a conversion from the standard AT-6G kit meaning there still isn't a proper IM Harvard IIB/IV :)

2 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Still, this (limited?) SH release is a conversion from the standard AT-6G kit meaning there still isn't a proper IM Harvard IIB/IV :)

Oh! You big party pooper! 🤣

Good News. Although its a rebox of the Academy with a number of new bits and the version options. For me the Mk.II  / IV to make RCAF ones is probably the better one for my liking.  I would prefer a complete new kit though.( C'mon Airfix!) Any way mus'nt grumble.

• Like 1

"In the first half of 2021 we also plan to release the reboxing of another company’s kit -  Academy ‘s 1/72 AT-6G Texan. We will supply new injected canopy parts as well as a set of resin parts to convert it into the earlier war-time AT-6/SNB version,as well as the Harvard Mk.IIB-IV produced for the Commonwealth."

-- Special Hobby January email

• Like 2