T-60 Factory 264 tank ready to defend Stalingrad

Dear Colleagues

Here is the Miniart T-60 Factory 264 kit.  To my mind it is their most successful interior kit to date.  It has the right balance of part number and fit to make it a really enjoyable build.  Factory 264 was based in Stalingrad so production came to an abrupt end in September 1942.  This factory pioneered the use of steel wheels due to the rubber shortage.  Yes, the machinery and tracks lasted much less but then they did not expect a tank to last more than a day or so of combat at the front.  Very different outlook to German manufacturers.

wWzG9Xv.jpg

2Ilf6du.jpg

ZMIxFzZ.jpg

5bqVHyl.jpg

Fl8ZFJc.jpg

For weathering I relied largely on the MIG oil brushers

Hope you like it?

Andrew

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Awesome work-the display is brilliant.

Agreed that Miniart strikes a perfect balance with these kits. They give you a nearly-complete, very detailed interior, but it’s not exhausting as many full interiors can be.  One of my all-time favorite kits-I’ve built four already and will definitely do at least one more this year.

Awesome model, very well done.

I'd like to build one someday myself.

The photos in factory setting looked so real that firsthand I mistakenly took these as of the real thing being restored in some workshop.

Then spotted the Stalin poster on the wall and thought: Wait a minute... 

I have got one of these kits in the stash and your superb build has made me want to make mine sooner rather than later. Awesome modelling and impressive presentation!!

:worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for your kind comments Guys

We agree with three cheers for Miniart on this one.  They are currently testing my patience with a GAZ AAA bus.  Who in their right mind could have thought that their front wheel hub to axle attachment point would work being so negligable (ie there isn't one!)?

The figures in the diorama are largely Miniart with some dragon and resin.  The cats are pewter!

Andrew