Returning member from years ago.

Graham316

Hi all, 

I came here many moons ago with the modelling hobby in full swing, 2017 to be precise. After only a short time on the site, things took a turn in modelling and personal life. I was ready to go in January 2019, the desk cleared, the kit in hand, and a new blade securely fitted into the hobby knife. After a couple of nights I woke up to find my grandad had fallen ill, he passed away a little over 24 hours later. My modelling mojo took a hit, like someone had just destroyed it with a pave way bomb. For more than a year I turned away at the sight of the modelling bench, not only had my grandad left my life but took my mojo too. Early 2020 saw the pandemic that put us all in lockdown, and for me I decided to clear out the loft, seeing my collection of models to build, something caught my eye which relit the mojo and off I went. I sat in silence and got into my first build of the year, the Airfix buccaneer (1/48 scale). After completing it mid June the mojo was back, and I wanted to keep modelling. 

Airfix buccaneer and sea vixen

I was so proud of it I couldn’t help but place it alongside my sea vixen which was the last model I built before 2019.

Airfix buccaneer and sea vixen

but I’m back and want to open up a fresh bottle of glue and firmly get started on my new Christmas present.

Italeri Panavia Tornado GR4

mill be making a start here soon but I look forward to getting on with this and hearing from you all.

Graham

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Graham - that a very nice Buccaneer & Sea Vixen.  I have been hanging around these parts since your previous times so feel I might have seen you here before.  Looking forward to seeing that GR.4