Interlaken, Switzerland june 1944.

Dric

Good day to all,

During 2020, with members of the AMP club (https://clubamp.ch/), we produced a diorama for the "Musée Militaire Vaudois" located in Morges (http://www.chateau-morges.ch/le-chateau/)

In May 1944, an Me-110 G4 of the NJG5, equipped with SN2 and FUG220 radars, landed by mistake in Switzerland. The Germans, of course, wanting to recover this material, maneuver Switzerland with reprisals if it is not returned to them. After intense diplomatic negotiations, Switzerland, which did not want to return this plane, agreed to dynamite it in the presence of a German control commission, in exchange for which, it would have the possibility of buying 12 Me109G-6. That's for the story, let's see for the models.

The dio base is a wooden board of 90cm length. We put on it 5 Tamiya's Gustav, an old Heller Taifun (in the hangar) and an Academy Storch.

The hangar section is scratch builded on a thick transparent plastic panel on which the structures representing the wooden parts of the doors have been glued (with artist double side scotch). The structure of the hangar itself is in wood, with plastic sheet glued on it.

Some accessories have been built, such as the bicycle, fuel carts, podiums and chairs etc.

Figures are from various source : Matador, Preiser, WD, ICM with some modifications to try to match better with swiss uniform.

Sorry for poor size pictures, but I havent enough place to run all around the dio in my workshop 😆.

Ah and all is to the 1/72 scale... fortunately

Let's go for some pics

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A final view, in a cupboard, protected from the cat's curiosity 😬

spacer.png

Aircrafts

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And for the construction : outside

spacer.png

inside

spacer.png

spacer.png

The apron before the hangar

spacer.png

And some accessories : The fuel cart

spacer.png

painted and finished

spacer.png

And sergeant Hoizäme with his bicycle

spacer.png

spacer.png

All comments are welcome

Thanks for reading this long post.

Cheers from Switzerland

Cedric

• Like 65
  • Thanks 2

Salut Cedric,

Lovely dio and a great subject! Glad to see Swiss aviation models! Is this Dübendorf airbase? Greetings from Wallisellen - just next to Dübendorf 🙂

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for all your kind comments

@ Michael

Nice to read you here. The dio is inspired by the pictures of Interlaken. I found some on street-view

spacer.png

And there are two realy nice pics (I can't put them here) that you can found on this excellent site for Swiss Air Force fan https://www.flieger-hanspeter.ch/Me-109-G-_-6-.htm

The pics are relativ to J-704 when she collided with a C-3603 in Interlaken (they are around the middle of the page), but I'm pretty sure you know them already 🙂

Cheers

Cedric

19 hours ago, alex said:

Excellent diorama! I was in Interlaken during my military service in 1994, the last year of the Hunter! And now, a cold Rugenbräu!

Alex

Put two swiss together and they probably will finish to speak about army 😀.
I was equally on Hunter during my military service, at Rarogne (Raron) with CpAv5 and move on Mirage when the fabulous Hawker jet was retired.

• Like 2

I was more in the air mobility part (Alouette, Super Puma) at that time. Watching a Hunter take off toward the mountains and starting to turn right after liftoff was a extreme impressive sight.

Alex

On 1/12/2021 at 11:47 AM, Dric said:

Thanks for all your kind comments

@ Michael

Nice to read you here. The dio is inspired by the pictures of Interlaken. I found some on street-view

spacer.png

And there are two realy nice pics (I can't put them here) that you can found on this excellent site for Swiss Air Force fan https://www.flieger-hanspeter.ch/Me-109-G-_-6-.htm

The pics are relativ to J-704 when she collided with a C-3603 in Interlaken (they are around the middle of the page), but I'm pretty sure you know them already 🙂

Cheers

Cedric

thanks Cedric - interesting link. I am sure you know  www.old.hermannkeist.ch - some good references on this page.

Happy modelling.

Cheers,

Michael