Ginger Lacey's Spitfire Mk. XIV wing

opus999

I wanted to confirm the wing type for Ginger Lacey's Spitfire Mk. XIV.  The Aeromaster decals I have say it's an "E" wing, but the Squadron "In Action" book has a drawing of it with a "C" wing (although I don't trust the "In Action" books much).  The models I've seen have depicted it with both "C" and "E" wings.  Internet searches off and on for the last couple months have been inconclusive.  Does anyone have any definitive information about Lacey's Mk. XIV's wing?  Did it have both "C" and "E" in it's life?

Thanks!

If you are referring to RN135, YB-A, this shot shows the outboard position of the fairing over the cannon feed, typical of an 'E' wing.

Peter M

444ed3d6-6c77-44bc-a18d-ebfa5457f757.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A photo of YB-D (serial indecipherable) from the same squadron clearly shows an E wing. Photos which I have of serial numbers near RN135 are RN185 and RN237 which are typical high back Spitfires with E wings. HTH

TRF

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Magpie22 said:

If you are referring to RN135, YB-A, this shot shows the outboard position of the fairing over the cannon feed, typical of an 'E' wing.

Yes I was referring to that aircraft.  Sorry, I forgot to mention that! I've seen that picture, but I'm not good enough yet to tell if the fairing is inboard or outboard and usually need to see the leading edge to tell.  Thanks for the help!