Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-35B Lightning

Hello all.

This is my build of Kitty Hawks F-35B. All the usual KH issues with instructions and panel fit, but it can be worked through.

I added several AM bits to it improving the detail and trying to get away from another bland grey modern jet.

KASL cockpit

KASL weapons bays

Dream Model exterior PE set

Dream Model PE exhaust nozzle

Caracal decals

L'arsenal Paveway IV LGB

It's finished as one of the newer aircraft ZM151 that does not have the highly visible RAM tape. I used Mr Hobby aqueous H69 (RLM75 grey) mixed 4:1 with H8 (silver) for the HaveGlass finish with plain H69 for the RAM tape.

It's a subtle difference and doesn't show up very well on the photo's.

All comments welcome.

Rob.

IMG-4242.jpg

IMG-4223.jpg

IMG-4238.jpg

IMG-4229.jpg

IMG-4234.jpg

IMG-4235.jpg

IMG-4231.jpg

IMG-4245.jpg

IMG-4236.jpg

IMG-4225.jpg

IMG-4232.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

It’s an ugly thing, but your model is absolutely fantastic! Amazing realistic painting and I love the Union Jack in the intake door.

If only the RAF would proudly emblazon fighter bars and squadron badges on them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

It’s an ugly thing, but your model is absolutely fantastic! Amazing realistic painting and I love the Union Jack in the intake door.

If only the RAF would proudly emblazon fighter bars and squadron badges on them. 

This! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Is the RAF limited to 2 Paveway IVs currently? That is not a lot of explosive weight for a first day of war stealth fighter!!!

In stealth mode........ yes. Like you say, not a lot

In beast mode, 4 more can be loaded on the wing pylons. But then stealth is lost.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

Great and realistic rendition!

Hats off!

Is the RAF limited to 2 Paveway IVs currently? That is not a lot of explosive weight for a first day of war stealth fighter!!!

I think the F-117's showed how devastating they could be with only two smart bombs - although the were 1000 pounders. In the hostile opening hours of a conflict stealth is worth more than payload size.

• Like 1