Eduard 72nd scale Kunkadlo

Hi all 

Been doing this little kit.  Nice kit no issues apart from teeny tiny fiddly bits and two of my wing struts were broken so were replaced with brass rod. The 14hp Renault engine is nice and even has the ignition wires in the PE supplied.   The PE rigging was not to bad to add either. I used the kit spoked wheels .  The model was brush painted with Humbrol enamels,  the decals really stick well and were hard to budge if put in the wrong position, but are commendably thin .  All the tiny photo etch actuators are added  too. 

The model is very small and I have added a tin of Humbrol paint so you can see just how small.

All in all a great kit and the only issue was one of bad measurements by me when  replacing the broken stuts. The struts are painted orange and are not wooden struts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you enjoy

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 41

Hi Chris,

fantastic job on this one. It is really small, very very small. On the first pic’s I thought it is larger, but compared with the Humbrol bottle..... unbelievable! Nothing for my eyes anymore....

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Chris,

fantastic job on this one. It is really small, very very small. On the first pic’s I thought it is larger, but compared with the Humbrol bottle..... unbelievable! Nothing for my eyes anymore....

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy, very kind, yes it was a struggle being so small  I just had to show it against something for scale, I noticed when  I put it on the shelf next to the previous build of the Goblin it looked so small.

19 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Oh my gosh, that's tiny. Excellent work for a model that must have been assembled under a microscope! I'm truly impressed!

Thanks SAT69, glasses and Optivisor worn during construction. It's a lovely kit. 

Thanks guys 

Chris

Crikey Chris,.... that is a bit of alright,...... never heard of the thing before, but it looks lovely. You are into your civvy stuff now aren`t you,.... and you must have very good eyesight mate!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Crikey Chris,.... that is a bit of alright,...... never heard of the thing before, but it looks lovely. You are into your civvy stuff now aren`t you,.... and you must have very good eyesight mate!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, it's a lovely kit, I saw it in Scale Aicraft Modelling magazine in a review.   I do like to mix it up with some civilian machines now and again. Got some racing planes to do at some point.   I will be moving back onto the Ventura and Anson now though. 

I don't know about good eyesight  i have to wear glasses and use and Optivisor nowadays,  getting old!!!

Thanks fella 

41 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Impressive work, looks great.

Thanks Tbolt very kind.

27 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Cute!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Yes it is kinda cute

Thanks everyone 

Chris

• Like 2

Congratulations on a beautiful model,you must have good eyesight and small fingers to have achieved such a beautiful model, well done 👏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely finish Chris - I hadn't realised it was so tiny! 14hp :clap2:

Thanks Roger very kind, it's teeny and yes only 14 hp too.  Doesn't seem possible does it, but look at the Beetle 28 bhp when they came out increasing to 54 bhp and 22 million sales, I have had a few myself.  Only one had a modified engine and would beat hot hatches away from the lights!!! Loved it.

3 hours ago, Si2 said:

Superb rendition of a tiny plane.

You should feel very happy with that.

Thanks Simon very kind  

3 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

Great model! You can be proud of it.

Thanks Volcker R , kind of you indeed.

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Congratulations on a beautiful model,you must have good eyesight and small fingers to have achieved such a beautiful model, well done 👏

Ha ha very kind of you Homer, thanks.  Glasses and Optivisor were essential for this one.

Thanks everyone 

Chris 

• Like 1

WOW Chris!!!!!  I would have suffered an aneurysm had I tried this kit.  This is a testament to your skills and supreme attention to detail.  :clap2:

I am not worthy :worthy:

Mike

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Wow Chris that is tiny your a braver man than me tackling something that small & it looks superb very well done

thanks for sharing

regards

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn , very kind, you will be fine, the fit is exemplary so it really helps.   

2 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

WOW Chris!!!!!  I would have suffered an aneurysm had I tried this kit.  This is a testament to your skills and supreme attention to detail.  :clap2:

I am not worthy :worthy:

Mike

Wow Mike that's a wonderful compliment indeed and I thank you.  It really is a lovely kit and everything is supplied so it is more thanks to Eduard for making such a cracker really, I just put it together. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bedders said:

That is remarkable. Lovely little thing, and I'm amazed how tiny it is (as well as by the patience you must have employed to complete it). Well done indeed!

Justin 

Thanks Justin , I did nearly bin it when I couldn't get the wing straight,  I walked away and looked the next day and realised it was my replacement strut measurement cut a small bit off and it straightened up.   I was never very good at Maths.  

Thanks 

Chris

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete in a shed said:

Wow, couldn't believe it when I saw the photo with the tin. Beautiful job Chris. This must have been one of the first microlites😀

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete, you could be right there, it is very dinky and it really struck me parked on my shelf next the the Goblin and it was around half the size!

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1