CA-13 Boomerang

• 1 month later...

Hi Zegeye,

I'm building the same kit right now. Are you across the need to add some interior blanking covers for the rear quarter windows? An idea of what is needed is shown by the Red Roo enhancement set:

https://www.redroomodels.com/product/red-roo-boomerang-enhancement-set-1-72/

Their are other items in it which you could modify from plastic card - i.e the wheel covers.

The other items (hedgehog exhaust, treaded wheels) are already in this SH boxing

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Andwil said:

I don’t think I’d ever be game to stick masking tape over decals.  Good save though.

I painted 3-4 layers of clear varnish over decals before.... still not enough ....

This is how it looks on wheels....  Think next photos will be in the gallery....

5FsgE0dh_o.jpg

• Like 6

What a beautiful and fast build.  I have tried the Blu-Tac method a couple of times, but I am always left with sticky stuff on the model surface and 'oil marks'.  Your engine was a work of art.  Well done al around!

3 hours ago, Peter Lloyd said:

I have tried the Blu-Tac method a couple of times, but I am always left with sticky stuff on the model surface and 'oil marks'. 

Try this stuff Peter, also at Spotlight. I've not used it for masking snakes but it leaves no residue when I'm using a blob on a stick to hold a canopy for painting, I've not doubt it would work as well for snakes. I'm pretty sure I've heard others extol white tac over blue tac for this reason.

On 4/8/2021 at 9:43 PM, zegeye said:

This is how it looks on wheels.... 

That has come up a treat, the same (or similar) scheme as the Airfix one I made close to 50 years ago but much much nicer. :)

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1