Paints - substitute

Thomas Megahy

Hi all, 

I have some Revell aqua color square pots and was wondering if this is something i can put through an airbrush 

I also have some of the tiny round plastic pots of paints that come in beginner kits, can i put that through an airbrush also. 

Separate question

How long do you leave your planes/ kits etc to dry after the first initial layers of paint.. ? 

Thanks 

Rob 

Hi Tom, with suitable thinners you can get most paints through an airbrush, practise on scrap plastic or old model, l always leave each paint application to dry for at least 24 hours, wether that is enamel or acrylics, patience, patience, patience!

Guys, please make more of an effort to put your threads in the correct forum to begin with, as there has been a rise of threads (including this one) just dumped any old where.  It's time consuming for us to mop up after you, and time we can't afford :shrug:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Hi Tom, with suitable thinners you can get most paints through an airbrush, practise on scrap plastic or old model, l always leave each paint application to dry for at least 24 hours, wether that is enamel or acrylics, patience, patience, patience!

Thanks for your help... i'll give it a try

You can use Aqua through the airbrush, but it won't be a glorious experience if you're a newbie in airbrushing. If you can: use their specific thinner and some retarder. And practice on some scrap plastic (not paper) because true water based paints are much trickier than your basic solvent based paint.

• Like 1