Tamiya Tilly - 1/35th Scale

How do chaps,

Knocked this together over the Christmas period to help get me in the building mood for the GB's I've signed up for this year. Tamiya's lovely Tilly painted in MIG Ammo SCC2 and SCC1A. The masking for the camo was cut from masking tape with a 'Gyro Cut' pen type thingy and the pattern is probably not accurate but I like it. The markings came from the spares box and are 49th West Riding Div with Royal Sig flash. Again probably not accurate but it works for me. The driver is an SKP resin figure that I've had for a while and he was painted in Games Workshop paints and washes The lady in red is from a Miniart set and seems quite a bit bigger than the SKP figure. Not concerned though as people come in all sorts of shapes and sizes!:D She needed a fair bit of filler on her joins and was also painted with Games Workshop paints and washes etc. The base is a lid from some fancy candle and the road surface is cork sheet painted up to resemble tarmac. Road markings were just stippled in with white paint. The tin hat on the wing (fender for our transatlantic cousins) is there to cover the fact I last one of the tiny side lights. Had a bit of bother attaching the driver to the base hence the mess around his boots. The lady was pinned and I should have done the same for the driver but was being lazy! :blush:

On to the pictures! 

MnVjfYP.jpg

KNhOrk1.jpg

7xctAVJ.jpg

PWyV6Qo.jpg

30vow6e.jpg

VVsXnms.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 28

Very well executed , my Tilly is in RAF blue , yours looks better ! .

Your heading title of the defiant roaring polar bear of the West Riding Div. reminded me , I`ve got that patch in a box of many different

ones from the war years . originally the bears head was down , looking beaten , until the troops objected ! .

Don .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Don149 said:

Very well executed , my Tilly is in RAF blue , yours looks better ! .

Your heading title of the defiant roaring polar bear of the West Riding Div. reminded me , I`ve got that patch in a box of many different

ones from the war years . originally the bears head was down , looking beaten , until the troops objected ! .

Don .

Thanks Don,

Apparently the first issue patch is quite rare and worth a small fortune! 

35 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Steve - That's a lovely job & AMAZING figures :thumbsup:

Well done all round - Steve

Thanks Steve. Nice to see you again! 

Regards,

Steve

1 hour ago, Mancunian airman said:

I think it looks great . . . well done

The close up of the driver made me smile, looks like he has been sick down the front onto his leg . . . :puke:

I too will put down cork for the use of road ways  . ..

Ian

Thanks Ian - funnily enough I only noticed the 'lumps' down his front after I took to pictures! :unsure:

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers

Aye up Steve. Grand job on the Tilly and excellent painting on the two figures. It's a great little kit and can be turned into a superb model, as you've done. I hope to build my second one sometime this year. If I may, can I make a suggestion? Touch in the open ends of the louvres on the side of the engine with some black paint. It gives it depth.

John.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Aye up Steve. Grand job on the Tilly and excellent painting on the two figures. It's a great little kit and can be turned into a superb model, as you've done. I hope to build my second one sometime this year. If I may, can I make a suggestion? Touch in the open ends of the louvres on the side of the engine with some black paint. It gives it depth.

John.

Thanks John and much appreciated. That's a great idea in regards to the louvres! It really is a lovely little kit and i can see me doing another one at some point, especially as i've got the 48th scale one in the stash 👍

Have to say i'm rather enjoying this figure painting malarkey too! 

Regards 

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve. Hope you are well. Well that's a very impressive Tilly and your presentation, with the two figures, sets it off beautifully!! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. Hope you are well. Well that's a very impressive Tilly and your presentation, with the two figures, sets it off beautifully!! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Im good thanks and hope you are too.

Many thanks for your kind comments. I think the driver figure fits really well with the Tilly. The lady was added due to a fair bit of 'dead space' on the base. Was a toss up between her and a spiv looking bloke in a suit! Went with her to add a splash of colour 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John_W said:

Very nice build. Wish I could paint figures like that. 

Minor point. Dashed road lines were only introduced in 1956

Thanks John,

Funnily enough after I'd finished the base i began to wonder when road lines etc were introduced! 🤔

Regards,

Steve