Italeri Bf-109, G-6...MT-452, Ilmavoimat, 1948...

John Masters

9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm not reini but in my opinion soft edge is correct for Finnish Gustavs.

Thanks V-P!

1 hour ago, reini said:

I would go with softa edges

And also thanks reini!

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Just read through your Mersu build so far John

Thanks Craig.  The only drawback to these GB threads is that I feel guilty when I don't keep track of all the fantastic builds, commenting along the way.  Hence my tardiness with your recent build.  I mean, the Interceptor GB is 6 pages...phew!  That's a lot of models!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Masters said:

Thanks Craig.  The only drawback to these GB threads is that I feel guilty when I don't keep track of all the fantastic builds, commenting along the way.  Hence my tardiness with your recent build.  I mean, the Interceptor GB is 6 pages...phew!  That's a lot of models!

I know exactly what you mean John, but with GB's taking on a life of their own lately it has become difficult to keep track of what we are all doing, not that their popularity is a bad thing.

10 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

with GB's taking on a life of their own

I know!  It is quite the thing.  I sometimes wonder who is modelling on the regular threads...

I have applied the RLM76 to the undersides and sides of the fuselage and the smaller parts.

50843699213_8ec49a1bee_k_d.jpg

50844430881_54e5aba936_c_d.jpg

The RLM75 looks good but I will go back over it with some RLM 76 on the fuselage and tighten it up a bit.  The wings have their '75 and I will soft-mask these areas and then apply the RLM74.  

50843699148_35bdf2a328_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 6

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Nice job on the paint John, looks like its gone on well.

Thanks Craig.  No issues so far!

I have masked for the RLM74, Graugrün...

50844989631_6c693fe6a6_c_d.jpg

After the RLM 74, I went over the edges with a hairy brush just to tighten them up a bit.  theyvarentl as severer as splinter, yet softer in scale than diffused.  

I also touched up the fuselage with some more RLM76.  I must admit, I am finding RLM75, the Grauviolett, to be one of my favourite camo colours.

50845073667_a697caccfe_c_d.jpg

I think the decals might be next, then some varnish, then some oily washed bits, then the small parts.  So I'm almost there.

--John

• Like 7

The decals are on!  They took their sweet time releasing form the paper, but they stuck on alright.  They have dried and been given a satin varnish.

50847818798_43e7e2e252_c_d.jpg

And then some dusty looking FloryWash.  I will remove 98% of this and leave the panel lines highlighted a bit.

50848631052_570b3b7769_c_d.jpg

Some small bits are ready.

50848630977_4011ce42b6_c_d.jpg

A comparison of tyres...the kit piece is on the left.  AZ Model on the right.  Is it my imagination or does the kit piece look like something that would be best served on an armoured car?

50848542096_2c7de3c78b_c_d.jpg

Almost there!

--John

• Like 5

One thing led to another and suddenly I realized I was done!  I had fun.  

Here it is next to an AZ Model Finnish Gustav from the same era.  Obvious kit differences, but they make a nice pair nonetheless.

50848010718_a0a95de4d3_c_d.jpg

More in the gallery!

--John

• Like 9

Nice result John :thumbsup:

On 1/18/2021 at 10:38 AM, John Masters said:

A comparison of tyres...the kit piece is on the left.  AZ Model on the right.  Is it my imagination or does the kit piece look like something that would be best served on an armoured car?

50848542096_2c7de3c78b_c_d.jpg

Snow tyres for a winter 109 :shrug: :lol: