H Builds A Pink Jag. FINISHED

A quick rummage around the stash produced this

E986C4B4-D9C2-460B-8EEF-7425CEA5345D

A bit basic in detail so I have ordered some extra resin, probably cost more than the kit... I must have spent too much time lurking around @trickyrich build threads. 

Looking forward to the big push. 

• Like 9

Time for the big push

and straight into trouble. The a/m cockpit has no nose wheel bay detail like the kit part does. In fact it has nothing that far forward so the u/c will be swinging in the wind without attachments. In true RAF style, it’s time to bodge it. 

• Like 10

Bodging continues, but basically I have cut the floor off of the kit part, giving me the detailed nose wheel bay. The resin pit has been removed from casting black and sanded to within a mm of its life.

The floor is now thinner than a “wafer thin mint”

“It is only one wafer thin mint!”

The front fuse half’s have had the moulded comming removed ready for the resin and now everything is under a layer of grey primer. 

In short, I have spent most of the day turning fairly expensive plastic and resin into dust.

Sounds like a @trickyrich session. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know you haven't got that far yet, but the rear part of the airbrake bay should be the same colour as the external cammo in that area not chromate, and on the Port side very evry dirty due to the APU exhaust

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

This is looking very nice H, who doesn't love the Jag and the extra goodies you have thrown at it are making a huge difference.

Careful with mentioning our Australian friend too many times, he's like one of those urban legends that if you mention his name too many times he will turn up!!

I think he’s sulking. Luckily I haven’t heard from him since Xmas. 

57 minutes ago, 12jaguar said:

I know you haven't got that far yet, but the rear part of the airbrake bay should be the same colour as the external cammo in that area not chromate, and on the Port side very evry dirty due to the APU exhaust

John

Thanks John, I had seen that on photos when looking at the bays. 

• Like 1

Bays painted, I followed a panel line and ended up cutting this side to high at the front. Will think of a way to sort it  

Added the refuelling hose connector in the air brake bay

• Like 9

Very nice start. Some great nose art on the Gulf Jaguars. 

I'm going to be hanging around with questions and pestering group members about stuff. Top of my list right now, for a Buccaneer, what kind of paint mix even gets close to that "pink" look?! 

I'll be interested to see what you come up with on this one. 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

I'm going to be hanging around with questions and pestering group members about stuff. Top of my list right now, for a Buccaneer, what kind of paint mix even gets close to that "pink" look?! 

I normally use Humbrol 250 (if you can find it now) and add a little white. this depends on how long the aircraft that you are building has been in theatre as the colour really did fade with the aircraft being in the sun a lot, even if they were under shade. To be honest there is no real wrong colour for the reason I have just mentioned, the weathering that occurred on the aircraft and of course some of the touch painting that happened. Take a look at some photos of the aircraft type that you want to build you can see that each aircraft is slightly different.

• Thanks 1

Now back to the subject. That is a lot of resin put into a small space, making it very detailed when compared to the kit. Very well done in getting this done without to much damage to the plastic.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Hum 250 for me too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fixed my cut into the u/c bay and glued wings on

what can’t be seen is the nose attached and the solid plastic cut away where the nose-targeting-range-finder-thingy is awaiting replacement with clear glass. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

That Is looking great with the resin additions buddy, and good to know that you have retained all of your fingers after wielding the razor saw. Are you going with the kit scheme?

All fingers and thumbs present and on parade. A few more scares than before though!

Yep kit scheme all the way with weathering. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Looks good matey, but I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get to see a certain colour of primer utilised.  :winkgrin:

Pink primer for pink paint? Are you mad???? 😂😂

• Haha 1