Bitten by the ship bug

Oh interesting!  I have this kit in the stash and was thinking about tackling it after I finish a few things on the bench.

I can't give any advice, but i will be a avid spectator.

Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, robgizlu said:

Sorry Jon - outside my sphere of interest and knowledge.

Rob

8 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Mine too I'm afraid. I fact I don't know any individual who does know a lot about Russian ships.

Thanks you two. Just thought I’d ask, lots if research ahead of me I think, before putting glue to plastic.

Jon

41 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

Looks like a good kit. Probably won't need too many changes.

Hi Mike.

I does look good, doesn’t it, certainly a different era. I’ll add a bit of photo etch I expect. 
Jon

41 minutes ago, Jerry L said:

Hey Faraway, Have this in the stash, it is fourth in line for building. I'll be following!

Greetings Jerry. When I start, I’ll post a WIP.

Jon

Gidday Jon, This ship is sadly of a time a bit before my main era of interest also, so it looks like you're going to be Britmodeller's pioneer with this build. Look on the bright side - if you make an error who's going to know? I've googled the ship, there are a few images of the ship or models of it that may help you. I think it's good that someone like your self is going to give it a go - without ships of that era there'd be no ships of later eras.

Don't be too concerned about being bitten by the ship bug. I was infected over fifty years ago. The condition can be chronic (long term), sometimes life-long, somewhat contagious but rarely with serious side effects. 🙂 

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this, as it appears others are too. You never know, you may infect me with your 'strain' of the virus, giving me the urge to do a ship of that vintage also. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

looks like you're going to be Britmodeller's pioneer with this build.

Jeff.

I am not the first to build this ship. If I can get close to this quality, I’ll be happy.

Jon

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just now I saw the topic about Varyag. I don't know, maybe it's too late and you've assembled a model. But here is a link to a Russian model website with a topic about Varyag. I hope Google will help with the translation.
Varyag is a legendary ship in Russia, there are even songs about it 🙂
If there are specific questions, write, I will try to help find information.

http://forums.airbase.ru/2014/09/t67904--krejser-varyag-vremen-ryav.html

• Like 3