1:144 Hobbycraft F-16A Fighting Falcon USAF

This is not the scale or subject I usually build...

Every year the modelling club i'm a member of, the South Australian Plastic Modellers Association, at the December meeting get members to bring an unwanted kit wrapped up and everyone takes a number and that's the kit you receive. As there is no January meeting, the idea is to have them built for the February meeting. Kits vary from unwanted, to being a bit on the crappy side.

So I ended up with this 1:144 scale F-16. Firstly this is not my scale. I am a devoted 1:72 builder and the aircraft I normally build would be used to shoot F-16s down if the Cold War had of turned into a shooting match.

My past experiences with Hobbycraft is their kits are not good quality, and this one wasn't too bad as there weren't that many parts to it and by using a leftover KP stand I could leave the tiny undercarriage parts off.

I painted it up it the classic F-16 scheme. I used Model Master 1730 grey and Model Master 1741 grey.

It was then I realised the decals were for one of the prototypes... Too late.

Put some of the decals on anyway... They are crappy. Badly out of register, took ages to soak off and ended up floating in the water...

Build Progress Video

F-16A-31

F-16A-32

F-16A-33

F-16A-34

F-16A-35

• Like 6