Rarest Hasegawa kit ever?

Hi, after 10 years of searching for this kit, I was able to find it in Switzerland. It was never advertised and I only knew about it from a friend who said he saw it for sale in 1986 at ZRH. It was clearly for the Swiss market so I can not confirm if it was sold in any other European countries. I know that they also included Swissair decals in the Air France 747-200 kit, which I have yet to see. The price tag is from Franz Carl Weber, a Swiss toy store. I don't know if the date is "September 1990" or if that is the price. Someone can help? Unfortunately, the kit did not have the instruction guide with it. I'd like to know if they included a separate decal guide for the Swissair decals or not.

Does anybody have photos of the 747-200 Swiss kit or an instruction guide for this kit? Do we know if Hasegawa added decals to any other kits for different airlines i.e. Iberia, etc. 

Thank you!

ZQfP45K.jpg

hibBrcM.jpg

KhYSQtW.jpg

KPh2UkP.jpg

• Like 3

I think some other Hasegawa kits are very rare unless someone knows otherwise. To me the MU-2 JASDF one and the civvy MU-2 ? with longer fuselage are two rare ones that come to mind plus the Beech T-34 Mentor is another.

• Like 1

Stk probably means piece so each.  2 prices might be something like alternatives for Swiss francs or German marks.  Especially where tourists might visit.

As swiss, I fully agree, the price is 9.90. (we only rounded to 0.05 at this time). First is probably item number.

Alex

Ah, memories... I remember some kits I bought at the Franz Carl Weber in Spreitenbach many years ago.

6 hours ago, alex said:

As swiss, I fully agree, the price is 9.90. (we only rounded to 0.05 at this time). First is probably item number.

Alex

Ah, memories... I remember some kits I bought at the Franz Carl Weber in Spreitenbach many years ago.

Thank you. 

Do you have any source of Swiss modeling forums or shops that I could find the 747-200 Swissair kit? I would pay big money for one.

No unfortunately, I am just on a German speaking forum (modellboard.net), but only few swiss there. I'm not really aware of a dedicated Swiss modeling site. There is a swiss auction site (ricardo.ch), but only few models there.

Alex

On 09/01/2021 at 21:35, Hasegawa Geek said:

Hi, after 10 years of searching for this kit, I was able to find it in Switzerland. It was never advertised and I only knew about it from a friend who said he saw it for sale in 1986 at ZRH. It was clearly for the Swiss market so I can not confirm if it was sold in any other European countries. I know that they also included Swissair decals in the Air France 747-200 kit, which I have yet to see. The price tag is from Franz Carl Weber, a Swiss toy store. I don't know if the date is "September 1990" or if that is the price. Someone can help? Unfortunately, the kit did not have the instruction guide with it. I'd like to know if they included a separate decal guide for the Swissair decals or not.

Does anybody have photos of the 747-200 Swiss kit or an instruction guide for this kit? Do we know if Hasegawa added decals to any other kits for different airlines i.e. Iberia, etc. 

Thank you!

ZQfP45K.jpg

hibBrcM.jpg

KhYSQtW.jpg

KPh2UkP.jpg

I have both the DC-10 and 747 kits with the Swissair decals 

There are no instructions for the Swissair decals,just for the Alitalia/Air France respectively.

9.90 is the price of the kit from back then.

I know because,in the 90s Franz Carl Weber had a huge stock of model kits also many Hasegawas.I spent a lot of time (and my pocket money) there as a child😊😉

I will look in my stash if I can find that 747 kit and take some photos later

Alex

Alex, thanks so much, thats amazing! What surprises me is that the box doesn't have the "Swissair decals included" sticker on the box. Safe to assume all the Air France 742 kits being sold in Switzerland would have those decals?

Do we know if any other Hasegawa kits had Swissair decals added? 

Edited by Hasegawa Geek

3 hours ago, Hasegawa Geek said:

Alex, thanks so much, thats amazing! What surprises me is that the box doesn't have the "Swissair decals included" sticker on the box. Safe to assume all the Air France 742 kits being sold in Switzerland would have those decals?

Do we know if any other Hasegawa kits had Swissair decals added? 

You are welcome.

I have another Air France 747 that I bought on a Swiss auction platform and that did not include Swissair decals.I was also surprised to find them in the other boxing as,as you stated,no sticker on the box mentions it.

So,I am not sure how Hasegawa dealt with that kit.

The only other Swissair kits are the MD-11 and the 747-300,these were official Swissair boxings with respective box arts.

As Hasegawa did not produce any other airliner Swissair operated back then,the DC-10 and the 747-200 together with the above mentioned official boxings are it.

Alex

On 1/10/2021 at 8:00 AM, Paul J said:

I think some other Hasegawa kits are very rare unless someone knows otherwise. To me the MU-2 JASDF one and the civvy MU-2 ? with longer fuselage are two rare ones that come to mind plus the Beech T-34 Mentor is another.

Paul,

The longer MU-2J is being re-released: https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-mitsubishi-mu-2j-flight-check-squadron-w-towing-vehicle-hsg02370

• Like 2