Frog Beaufighter RAAF.

Evening folk's I have this oldie in the stash so what better excuse than to build it in this GB,it's basic as is to

be expected but I'll add a little detail here and there try to give it a decent paint job and see how it turns out.

20210109_191132

• Like 15

Mate, I found that post early this morning and went green with envy that it wasn't me crawling around her!

When I saw your post, a couple of brain cells fizzed back into life and Bob's yer wossname. 

I don't think I ever built the FROG Beau, so I'll grab a seat at the front. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Gidday Steve, although aircraft aren't my preferred subject for models I have a bit of a liking for the big twin-engined fighters of WW2, this aircraft being one of them. It'll be good to see it come together. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Steve, although aircraft aren't my preferred subject for models I have a bit of a liking for the big twin-engined fighters of WW2, this aircraft being one of them. It'll be good to see it come together. Regards, Jeff.

Thank's Jeff Aussie aircraft are noted by their absence in my collection so a nice change too,here's the only other one......

20190825_163704

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon folk's,with all other projects stalled due to lack of supplies I've spent a few hours over the weekend on this old girl.

The plastic is horrible,hard,shiny and hates glue! first job was to beef up the none existent cockpit so I added consoles,a yolk,

instrument panel and the tube(no idea what it was) that ran from the cockpit to the rear position.Once the seams were fettled 

I gave her a brush coat of primer to see what filler is needed before a second coat which is the wing and tail joints.

20210124_160851

• Like 11

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

The plastic is horrible,hard,shiny and hates glue!

You might be okay with tube glue. It worked back in the day.

The 'tube' that runs from the front. up the stb side and down to the back is for hot air.

• Like 1

Evening folk's,after a second coat of primer I used three shades of green sprayed into the highlight and low light areas,let it dry

for day then glossed for the decal's.

20210125_192221

• Like 9

Afternoon folk's,got the underside's painted then added the u/c legs and door's.

20210131_155421

Painted the prop's and front cowling's which need to be toned down a bit.

20210131_155602

• Like 7

Evening folk's,gave her a matt coat today then tonight as I had the airbrush out spraying light earth I used what was left to give the

whole kit a few passes including the tyre's I need to run a thin wash into the u/c and flaps etc.

20210206_174927

The glazing is poor but fitted reasonably well filled the gaps needs another couple of coats tomorrow.

20210206_181052

• Like 8

This has come along very well indeed. The additions you have made have been very effective, and I am constantly surprised at how well the old transfers can still work!

All the best,

Ray

• Like 1