Zvesda 757-200

Yeah I’ll think I’ll have a few of those . BA. Britannia , Air Europe, Monarch , Air 2000 . Mind you they’ll end up in my unmade kit stash . 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Just seen this - definitely getting one of these!

I have an Eastern Express in the stash. It looks identical to the Minecraft kit - I’m guessing it’s just a reboxing of the earlier model...?

Its more or less a copy of the Minicraft kit,just with a badder fitting,some of the -200 kits also feature winglets.

The -300 from EE is a modified mould with the longer fuselage.

Edited by Alex1978
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Back in the Saddle said:

I have an Eastern Express in the stash. It looks identical to the Minecraft kit - I’m guessing it’s just a reboxing of the earlier model...?

It's not really reboxed. The word I would use is pirated.

7 hours ago, Back in the Saddle said:

If it is done on the same level as their early iteration of 737 classic (the ones where they copied Minicraft) then it would be the safest way for your mental health to put it in the trash bin. You might want to keep decals since there is a chance it was done by Begemot or somebdy similar so it should be ok when you put it on a better 757.

PS: majority of their early airliner models are knockoffs. However I heard they did the same for the current iteration of 737 classic which people say is "inspired" by fantastic 737 from Dako.

Edited by Doom3r

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Reviews so far have been very good.

Interesting spelling variation. One of my colleagues calls them "Se-vee'-da" and another "Zveeta". Perhaps a Russian speaking member can let us know whether there are any meanings for the spellings other than Zvezda (= star). PM me if they are rude!

On 7/22/2021 at 4:52 AM, Ed Russell said:

Reviews so far have been very good.

Interesting spelling variation. One of my colleagues calls them "Se-vee'-da" and another "Zveeta". Perhaps a Russian speaking member can let us know whether there are any meanings for the spellings other than Zvezda (= star). PM me if they are rude!

No, does not really makes any sense to me, however if you want to go with a rude interpretation you do not need to change anything in the default spelling since the word rhymes and lot of times used instead of the very bad word.

• Like 1