Jump to content

Zvesda 757-200


Recommended Posts

Yeah I’ll think I’ll have a few of those . BA. Britannia , Air Europe, Monarch , Air 2000 . Mind you they’ll end up in my unmade kit stash . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Just seen this - definitely getting one of these!

 

I have an Eastern Express in the stash. It looks identical to the Minecraft kit - I’m guessing it’s just a reboxing of the earlier model...?

Its more or less a copy of the Minicraft kit,just with a badder fitting,some of the -200 kits also feature winglets.

The -300 from EE is a modified mould with the longer fuselage.

Edited by Alex1978
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Just seen this - definitely getting one of these!

 

I have an Eastern Express in the stash. It looks identical to the Minecraft kit - I’m guessing it’s just a reboxing of the earlier model...?

It's not really reboxed. The word I would use is pirated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Just seen this - definitely getting one of these!

 

I have an Eastern Express in the stash. It looks identical to the Minecraft kit - I’m guessing it’s just a reboxing of the earlier model...?

If it is done on the same level as their early iteration of 737 classic (the ones where they copied Minicraft) then it would be the safest way for your mental health to put it in the trash bin. You might want to keep decals since there is a chance it was done by Begemot or somebdy similar so it should be ok when you put it on a better 757.

 

PS: majority of their early airliner models are knockoffs. However I heard they did the same for the current iteration of 737 classic which people say is "inspired" by fantastic 737 from Dako.

Edited by Doom3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Reviews so far have been very good.

Interesting spelling variation. One of my colleagues calls them "Se-vee'-da" and another "Zveeta". Perhaps a Russian speaking member can let us know whether there are any meanings for the spellings other than Zvezda (= star). PM me if they are rude!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 4:52 AM, Ed Russell said:

Reviews so far have been very good.

Interesting spelling variation. One of my colleagues calls them "Se-vee'-da" and another "Zveeta". Perhaps a Russian speaking member can let us know whether there are any meanings for the spellings other than Zvezda (= star). PM me if they are rude!

 

No, does not really makes any sense to me, however if you want to go with a rude interpretation you do not need to change anything in the default spelling since the word rhymes and lot of times used instead of the very bad word.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 1:35 AM, Back in the Saddle said:

Is building a BA variant a simple option? They had four doors on each side and no overwing exits… I’m guessing a bit of filler and a scribed will do the trick.

It should be the most complicated one. Not only you have to relocate windows on the overwing exits and plug a few at the rear, but also the RR engine has the shorter bypass duct, requiring some work.

 

I am building it in EL AL colors right now and my findings so far are:

the PW fan disk is pure fiction, has nothing to do with the real thing (wonder how this is possible in 2021).

Panel lines of the Nose gear bay completely missing. Vertical panel line on door 3R missing, while present on the left side. Pretty sure some more findings will occur... but other than that it looks really nice, and the little issues are fixed easily.

One thing that i noticed is the plastic texture. While on older zvezda kits it is quite rough, the 757 has a smooth revell like texture which i am a fan of...still have to sand it, but way better than before.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The G-BPEx and G-CPEx registered aircraft had the RB211-535E4 engines with the full length nacelle so they are an option without attempting to modify the kit nacelles or fit the BraZ resin ones. I'm sure most people will choose to fill the open windows and use decals to replicate the window layout for the four door configuration.  You'll still be able to do all the different BA liveries as deliveries of these aircraft began in Landor then World Tails, went to Chatham Dockyard and one (G-CPET) was painted in Negus & Negus towards the end of the 757 in the BA fleet.

 

The PW2000 fan error is annoying as it's going to be a tricky fix; why they added a curved leading edge and missed off the mid span shrouds is a mystery as especially the latter are very noticeable feature. Along with the panel line omissions it hints at a rush to get the kit released; the same seems to have occurred with their A320/A321 kits where they clearly didn't bother with all the details on the underside (such as the APU intake area). Hopefully the rest of the P&W nacelle is accurate so a fix for the fan is the only one needed rather than also adapting the BraZ set or wait for another aftermarket set. It might be worth looking at a C-17 set since these use the same engines. I'm planning to do at least two Pratt engined aircraft, maybe 3, in UAL battleship grey, an original Northwest and possibly a Delta jet. I daren't start planning how may Roller powered ones to do!

 

Jonathan

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, XV571 said:

The G-BPEx and G-CPEx registered aircraft had the RB211-535E4 engines with the full length nacelle so they are an option without attempting to modify the kit nacelles or fit the BraZ resin ones. I'm sure most people will choose to fill the open windows and use decals to replicate the window layout for the four door configuration.  You'll still be able to do all the different BA liveries as deliveries of these aircraft began in Landor then World Tails, went to Chatham Dockyard and one (G-CPET) was painted in Negus & Negus towards the end of the 757 in the BA fleet.

 

The PW2000 fan error is annoying as it's going to be a tricky fix; why they added a curved leading edge and missed off the mid span shrouds is a mystery as especially the latter are very noticeable feature. Along with the panel line omissions it hints at a rush to get the kit released; the same seems to have occurred with their A320/A321 kits where they clearly didn't bother with all the details on the underside (such as the APU intake area). Hopefully the rest of the P&W nacelle is accurate so a fix for the fan is the only one needed rather than also adapting the BraZ set or wait for another aftermarket set. It might be worth looking at a C-17 set since these use the same engines. I'm planning to do at least two Pratt engined aircraft, maybe 3, in UAL battleship grey, an original Northwest and possibly a Delta jet. I daren't start planning how may Roller powered ones to do!

 

Jonathan

i was looking for those, i heard it once but never could find those 757s with the longer bypass...though it seems they were not delivered to BA as first customer?! maybe you can bring some light into the dark here...

i guess if he doesnt want to be limited to 2 different regs, he needs the short duct anyway..

 

personally i am a clear window builder and funnily enough most russian builders as well.. it seems like a western habit to close them and use decals, but thats a different topic. i will definetly move them if i ever build the 4 door option.

regarding the A320, i would be delighted if the missing APU intake was the only issue 😕 i got almost a full page of things that need to be corrected...

the idea with the C-17 is quite a good one... but the kit is hard to get if you dont have one. i think i will make a 3d print and afaik druz144 is doing all engines for the 75 as well soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure Sergei Druz has already flagged up the issue with the PW engines and we can probably look forward to a replacement set from him in due course. Druz engines are exquisite but not cheap.

 

BA operated 62 B757s over the years and as I understand it the later aircraft were delivered with the long shroud engines although I'm not sure when the changeover happened. They also had at least one ex-Air Europa aircraft (G-BPEF) which was a regular on the shuttle routes. I flew on it a few times and it definitely had the later engines. It also retained its Spanish emergency exit signs and seat-back notices.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 1:09 AM, Skodadriver said:

I can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure Sergei Druz has already flagged up the issue with the PW engines and we can probably look forward to a replacement set from him in due course. Druz engines are exquisite but not cheap.

 

BA operated 62 B757s over the years and as I understand it the later aircraft were delivered with the long shroud engines although I'm not sure when the changeover happened. They also had at least one ex-Air Europa aircraft (G-BPEF) which was a regular on the shuttle routes. I flew on it a few times and it definitely had the later engines. It also retained its Spanish emergency exit signs and seat-back notices.

Youre right - the reg G-BIKA-BIKZ and -BMRA-BMRJ were all fitted with the -535C -and, as XV571 says above, the later deliveries were with the -E4. The E4 also had a wider chord fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning all,

 

Anyone found an issue with the Main landing gear leg (Part 21) having the upper part of the drag stay (diagonal part), and the horizontal piece joining this to the main strut, either broken or short shot?

 

I had 4 kits delivered yesterday and all of them had this part damaged. It’s not un-fixable using some brass rod or stretched sprue, and plasticard. 
 

I’ll post a few pics later but curious to see if this is a common issue or I’ve just been unlucky.

 

Eng

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, eng said:

Morning all,

 

Anyone found an issue with the Main landing gear leg (Part 21) having the upper part of the drag stay (diagonal part), and the horizontal piece joining this to the main strut, either broken or short shot?

 

I had 4 kits delivered yesterday and all of them had this part damaged. It’s not un-fixable using some brass rod or stretched sprue, and plasticard. 
 

I’ll post a few pics later but curious to see if this is a common issue or I’ve just been unlucky.

 

Eng

have seen your post on insta (airlinermodelspro144 here) and yes, same issue here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, major_bloodnok said:

Youre right - the reg G-BIKA-BIKZ and -BMRA-BMRJ were all fitted with the -535C -and, as XV571 says above, the later deliveries were with the -E4. The E4 also had a wider chord fan.

 

stupid me had only landor planes in mind, i think those are reduced to 2 AC with this engine?! I also recall there were a lot union jack 75s with the long bypass cover, but only very few in landor... 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eng said:

Morning all,

 

Anyone found an issue with the Main landing gear leg (Part 21) having the upper part of the drag stay (diagonal part), and the horizontal piece joining this to the main strut, either broken or short shot?

 

I had 4 kits delivered yesterday and all of them had this part damaged. It’s not un-fixable using some brass rod or stretched sprue, and plasticard. 
 

I’ll post a few pics later but curious to see if this is a common issue or I’ve just been unlucky.

 

Eng

Hi Eng,

 

Just checked my first example that I received.

Everything is fine here.

 

Alex

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I completely forgot about the two body types . I think most, if not all British airlines went with the 4 door layout , do I suppose this means the windows need filled .  Still looking forward to the kit . Hope Skodadriver takes one on. To show us how it should be done ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RCI said:

 

stupid me had only landor planes in mind, i think those are reduced to 2 AC with this engine?! I also recall there were a lot union jack 75s with the long bypass cover, but only very few in landor... 😕

IIRC Just about all the 757 fleet were in Landor colours at some time in their lives - again -however, if memory serves the a/c delivered after G-CPEO were painted originally in "World Tails" indeed, -CPEO was delivered in the scheme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, major_bloodnok said:

IIRC Just about all the 757 fleet were in Landor colours at some time in their lives - again -however, if memory serves the a/c delivered after G-CPEO were painted originally in "World Tails" indeed, -CPEO was delivered in the scheme.

 

G-CPEO was definitely in the "Whale Rider" scheme on delivery on July '97. I was coming to the end of my apprenticeship and working on the line at Terminal 1, we did the daily check on CPEO the night before its first revenue flight.... talk about new car smell, this jet was stunning. Just wish I'd had a decent camera back then.

 

Eng

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...