Zvesda 757-200

Rb277170

Have I just seen that Zvesda are introducing a 757-200 into their airliner range?  It was in YouTube review of their 2021 range , and although not mentioned I thought I saw a 757 in Icelandair livery . Can anyone confirm? 

Here you go.

I've known about the kit for a couple of months and I'm sure I read an odd story about it having been designed by somebody who works for Zvezda and presented to them as a sort of fait accompli. Whatever the background if it's up to the standard of the Tu-204 and the 737NGs there will be a lot of very happy modelling bunnies including me.

I don't know if Zveda will offer PW engines in another release or if they're in the box but I hope we get the option. Joh Ochoa of 8A Decals has been asking for ideas for future sheets and a couple of us suggested Condor Rizzi Bird which needs PWs.

Anyhow, it looks like our dreams might be coming true. My only problem is that I have a a PAS resin 757 about 50% built and a set of Richard Shepherd's gorgeous Jet2 decals for it. Do I carry on with the build (which hasn't been particularly enjoyable) or do I put it in the loft and keep the decals for the Zvezda kit ..... :hmmm:

Dave G

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodadriver said:

Anyhow, it looks like our dreams might be coming true. My only problem is that I have a a PAS resin 757 about 50% built and a set of Richard Shepherd's gorgeous Jet2 decals for it. Do I carry on with the build (which hasn't been particularly enjoyable) or do I put it in the loft and keep the decals for the Zvezda kit ..... :hmmm:

Finish it! Procrastination will only lead to Zvesda postponing their release. Many will be thankful for your sacrifice! (you might want to hang on on to the Jet2 decals for the Zvezda kit though, mine have Zvezda written all over them)

• Haha 5

One good reason (hopefully!) to be thankful that it is being done by Zvezda is that judging by their Tu-204 kit, a plane that is very much like the 757 size wise, should be the retail price. Compared to prices of, say Eastern Express, it should be much more reasonable.

On a personal note, I've flown on nineteen 757's featuring ten different airline colour schemes, and have decals for them, so I'll be looking for a fair few kits.

Looks like my part-built Minicraft 757 is going to take up permanent residence on the 'shelf of doom'....

Dave

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, halcyonjet said:

Compared to prices of, say Eastern Express, it should be much more reasonable.

It just shows that EE prices are not reasonable. Especially since Revell prices are similar to Zvezda. I just wish that there were more companies in this area (for example Trumpeter)

Edited by Doom3r
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, halcyonjet said:

One good reason (hopefully!) to be thankful that it is being done by Zvezda is that judging by their Tu-204 kit, a plane that is very much like the 757 size wise, should be the retail price. Compared to prices of, say Eastern Express, it should be much more reasonable.

On a personal note, I've flown on nineteen 757's featuring ten different airline colour schemes, and have decals for them, so I'll be looking for a fair few kits.

Looks like my part-built Minicraft 757 is going to take up permanent residence on the 'shelf of doom'....

Dave

Eastern Express prices are just silly particularly given the dubious quality of some of their products - Hannants are asking £50.80 for a 1/144 F27 :mental:

Without even thinking about it I can say I'll be in for at least six Zvezda 757s - Jet2, BA, LTU, Britannia, Monarch, Air 2000 - with several more to follow.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Without even thinking about it I can say I'll be in for at least six Zvezda 757s - Jet2, BA, LTU, Britannia, Monarch, Air 2000 - with several more to follow.

As long as the quality and price are up to their usual high standards, it looks as if Zvezda could have a real hit on their hands.

Dave

• Like 1

I already gave a bigger order for the 757 in my local hobbyshop,just to make sure I have sufficient supply once its on the shelfs...😊

I have already the AA kit as well as some Minicraft and Eastern Express kits.

The AA will be built but I am not so sure what to do with the Minicraft and EE kits...:hmmm:

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, Skodadriver said:

Here you go.

I've known about the kit for a couple of months and I'm sure I read an odd story about it having been designed by somebody who works for Zvezda and presented to them as a sort of fait accompli. Whatever the background if it's up to the standard of the Tu-204 and the 737NGs there will be a lot of very happy modelling bunnies including me.

hey dave,

the odd story is true indeed.

i cant remember the exact year, but i think it may has been 2016 or so, when a friend from russia told me that one of his friends is one of the CAD designers at zvezda, and he also likes the 757. The guy started to work on this in his free time and the plan basically was to finish it and offer a "ready to mold" design to the management. Therefore he asked me, if i could make a photo walkaround for the guy as reference material. So back then when i was flying for airberlin my turnarounds were usually about 50-60 minutes and where ever i was i did walkarounds for my own purposes. Guess what... one day i went to Frankfurt and had some minutes there on one of the V(ictor) positions and opposite to our aircraft finally there was a 757-200 of ICELAND AIR. So i delivered about 300 images of EVERY detail of the plane. Might me coincidence but somehow i wasn't surprised when i saw zvezda announcing its 757 in iceland air colors. Anyway due to copyrights/licences they very often change liveries last minute.

I am more than sure that this model will be awesome! price range should be around 20€, as this wont be an ultimate kit.

Hope this brings some light into the dark..

best regards

Sini

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RCI said:

I am more than sure that this model will be awesome! price range should be around 20€, as this wont be an ultimate kit.

best regards

Sini

Thanks Sini. What a great story!

I'm glad to hear the 757 won't be an "ultimate kit". The silly gimmicks (dropped flaps, open doors etc) have always put me off the Zvezda A320/321 and IL-62. They just add to the price and make building more difficult than it needs to be. Anybody who really wants these features is likely to be capable of wielding a razor saw themselves.

Do you know whether PW engines will be offered as an option in the 757 kit?

Dave G

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Thanks Sini. What a great story!

I'm glad to hear the 757 won't be an "ultimate kit". The silly gimmicks (dropped flaps, open doors etc) have always put me off the Zvezda A320/321 and IL-62. They just add to the price and make building more difficult than it needs to be. Anybody who really wants these features is likely to be capable of wielding a razor saw themselves.

Do you know whether PW engines will be offered as an option in the 757 kit?

Dave G

hey dave,

it seems they stopped doing ultimate kits due to the relative high cost and the issues you mentioned. i love their A321, but as you said its a painful job if you want to build it clean and have to assemble all the wing parts. AFAIK their A320 NEO will still have it cause they just use their existing A320 model.

No idea about the engine version, but i assume it would have at least the RR, as the most common engine on the 757. i could also imagine the PW engines will be included, as they also did both engines on their 320s. But you never know, if it is only the RR version, i am a 100% sure we will get aftermarket stuff.

• Like 2

Impressive, Do you have a link ? I couldn't see anything on their site.

It would be fantastic to get a 757 from them. I still have a Minicraft kit, but this RR engines are terrible, and I need to get some from Brazz...

Hope to buy it soon 😉

28 minutes ago, World Explorer said:

It would be fantastic to get a 757 from them. I still have a Minicraft kit, but this RR engines are terrible, and I need to get some from Brazz...

Hope to buy it soon 😉

Click on the link in Scott Garard's post. It's the second item in the left-hand column. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, World Explorer said:

Hope to buy it soon 😉

This will stop me buying Brazz RR engines for my Minicraft kit, probably that will move on to make way for one of these which will become a RNZAF example in time.

Steve

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

Just the one???? a quick tot-up shows I need at least a dozen for starters!

I actually planned 6 for starters.

As I have the Minicraft -200 and the Eastern Express -300 in my stash.

They probably wont sell anymore,now that the Zvezda kit is coming,so I will just keep and build them.At least with those engine options,I can replace the crappy ones from the aforementioned kits😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

I actually planned 6 for starters.

As I have the Minicraft -200 and the Eastern Express -300 in my stash.

They probably wont sell anymore,now that the Zvezda kit is coming,so I will just keep and build them.At least with those engine options,I can replace the crappy ones from the aforementioned kits😉

Minicraft with Braz bits, Welsh and Authentic Airliners here, I'll probably only build the AA one now, but I've got a good selection of decals for the Zvezda ones!