USAF Rhino's last hurrah; PACAF F-4E in action - FINISHED

Wheels are far from perfect but on now; a lot of fiddly stuff to attach to the underside which has taken many hours to fit, but all on now. Won't be finished today, sorry; needs

• touch-ups on underside
  • then weathering
  • then transparencies, seats, pitot, stabs, and aerials glued on top.
  • painting radome
  • painting seat pull handles, which are getting glued on after seats fixed in pits.

I will keep posting here if allowed.

Chris

spacer.png

• Like 3

Thanks @Jabba  This is touch-ups done on underside now, realised the pylons will need varnish. Amazing how the camera phone distorts perspective in reals life the wheels are (roughly) parallel.

Chris

spacer.png

• Like 3

Bang seats in; Quickboost resin; very nice; but seemed too low so I shimmed them up. 30-40 minutes to get grab handles on. Will need red paint before reveal of them. Still got 7 pieces to add and pitot will need paint and varnish on.  So not much but takes time.

Carpet monster ate the tiny pitot under the nose; made another one ~2mm T shape; that vanished as well, but looking for it I found the original. Matt varnish for walkways (I poached someone else's good idea) hasn't come out as an obvious differentiation from the overall satin varnish. So various delays but still enjoying this.

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After a little set-back with the photo backboard falling on it and causing damage which lead to rework I am calling this done. Thanks for all the support and advice in this GB; without it I wouldn't have found how to model the loadout and other stuff.

Will post more in RFI.

Chris

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

• Chrisj2003 changed the title to USAF Rhino's last hurrah; PACAF F-4E in action - FINISHED