Jump to content

Revell 1/24 E-Type Jaguar (new mould)


Recommended Posts

Lovely fitting kit with a lot of nice detail, let down by very poor moulding of some parts, sink marks/rough finish large sprue points. Not exactly what you would expect from a new 21st centuary mould,even from Revell.

Windscreen was broken on my kit, the packaging is not the best, not too bad to repair as I de-chromed everything apart from the mirrors.

But I would still build another and the convertable when they release it

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

dK7KiGvh.jpg

 

 

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 30
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely job indeed. I think de-chroming everything was a good call. Shame they moulded the bonnet stay so overscale, but you can't have everything 😜

 

Cracking job... I must get on with one of mine!

 

best,

M.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Lovely job indeed. I think de-chroming everything was a good call. Shame they moulded the bonnet stay so overscale, but you can't have everything 😜

 

Cracking job... I must get on with one of mine!

 

best,

M.

Alas no bonnet stay with the kit, bad oversight by Revell me thinks  😉 😁

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a beauty! The wheels look very convincing.

 

Has anyone compared this with Heller’s? Lots of comments about the screen on this coupe and now not really 21st century moulding - be interesting to know which kit is the most accurate overall.

 

Nick

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, however bad the flaws were, you did a good job of building this up. To me, this looks like an E-Type and I'd be happy (make that delighted) to have built this myself.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning build!  Looks especially "real" as a result of stripping the chrome.

Are the wheels the out-of-box parts (minus the chrome)?  They don't look too bad if they are plastic parts.

Well done - looks like a desirable kit, with just a bit of work required on a few things.

:clap2:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kapam said:

Stunning build!  Looks especially "real" as a result of stripping the chrome.

Are the wheels the out-of-box parts (minus the chrome)?  They don't look too bad if they are plastic parts.

Well done - looks like a desirable kit, with just a bit of work required on a few things.

:clap2:

The wheels were left in the chrome as they weren't to bad, several enamel paint washes and cotton buds to remove the excess.Unless someone brings out a metal set at a very reasonable price I would stick with the Revell ones as they do look the part in my eyes. The washes have muted the chrome to a scale look

Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding work on your model E Type - what a lovely looking classic Jag

 

Regards

 

Dave

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, colin said:

The washes have muted the chrome to a scale look

They sure have!

You've done a brilliant job. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...