Revell 1/24 E-Type Jaguar (new mould)

Lovely fitting kit with a lot of nice detail, let down by very poor moulding of some parts, sink marks/rough finish large sprue points. Not exactly what you would expect from a new 21st century mould,even from Revell.

Windscreen was broken on my kit, the packaging is not the best, not too bad to repair as I de-chromed everything apart from the mirrors.

But I would still build another and the convertable when they release it

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

dK7KiGvh.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Lovely job indeed. I think de-chroming everything was a good call. Shame they moulded the bonnet stay so overscale, but you can't have everything 😜

Cracking job... I must get on with one of mine!

best,

M.

Alas no bonnet stay with the kit, bad oversight by Revell me thinks  😉 😁

• Haha 2

That’s a beauty! The wheels look very convincing.

Has anyone compared this with Heller’s? Lots of comments about the screen on this coupe and now not really 21st century moulding - be interesting to know which kit is the most accurate overall.

Nick

• Like 1

Stunning build!  Looks especially "real" as a result of stripping the chrome.

Are the wheels the out-of-box parts (minus the chrome)?  They don't look too bad if they are plastic parts.

Well done - looks like a desirable kit, with just a bit of work required on a few things.

:clap2:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kapam said:

Stunning build!  Looks especially "real" as a result of stripping the chrome.

Are the wheels the out-of-box parts (minus the chrome)?  They don't look too bad if they are plastic parts.

Well done - looks like a desirable kit, with just a bit of work required on a few things.

:clap2:

The wheels were left in the chrome as they weren't to bad, several enamel paint washes and cotton buds to remove the excess.Unless someone brings out a metal set at a very reasonable price I would stick with the Revell ones as they do look the part in my eyes. The washes have muted the chrome to a scale look

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, colin said:

very poor moulding of some parts, sink marks/rough finish large sprue points. Not exactly what you would expect from a new 21st century mould,even from Revell.

Having built their 1/24 Land Rover this is exactly what I would expect from Revell.  You have definitely created a silk purse; a very nice silk purse at that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DreamGarage said:

And then just rinse in water. Sorry for the questions but I am a learner!

If you can, soak the parts on the sprue or cut the sprue to fit into the container with the bleach in, saves losing small parts.

Rinse them with clean water and put on a paper towel to soak up the excess water and let them dry

1 hour ago, colin said:

If you can, soak the parts on the sprue or cut the sprue to fit into the container with the bleach in, saves losing small parts.

Rinse them with clean water and put on a paper towel to soak up the excess water and let them dry

Thank you 

Gorgeous, looks real in the photographs. I'm still wavering on getting one of these, if we are ever allowed back into the model shop I might well pick one up seeing how well yours has turned out.

Cheers

John

• Like 1