IJNfan's dockyard in 2020

IJNfan

2020 has been the year in which I took up this hobby after a few years hiatus. Got a nice progression and some good models out of it too. 

The first model of the year, and the only one to be completely handpainted, is the Konig 1/700 from revell. No modification and a liberal interpretation of the paint schemes. Watch out, at the beginning I had to learn a lot about picture taking too. 

spacer.png

Next I took an older model, Gneisenau 1:1200, and recyced it while creating my first seabed. 

spacer.png

Next came the West Virginia, my first airbrushed model, made quite a few oopsies on the paintjob, didn't have the motivation to redo it though, spacer.png

spacer.png

Past that the U-boat XXI catched my eye in the shop

spacer.png

Then I worked on the IJN Maya 1/700

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next the IJN yahagi 1/350, first rigged ship

spacer.png

spacer.png

USS Enterprise 1/350

Mixed a mixture for the deck and grey, not accurate but just to my liking, I like being liberal with paints at times to get the shade I like instead of the shade it had

for the deck color

spacer.png

spacer.png

HMS Hood 1/350

spacer.png

IJN Kongo 1/700

Tried some weathering techniques

the idea was a ship battered after battle,

spacer.png

At some point I also made the IJN Hamakaze 1/350, but that one, well, its the only one I couldn't bring myself to finish so it is still waiting for a clear coat and weathering. I also Acquired a display cabinet, 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Greetings IJNfan

Edited by IJNfan
  • Like 10