Airfix Jaguar 420

roymattblack

I see the previous topic posted here has been locked as it's already in the chat section.

All I can find is (currently) 29 pages about Airfix 2021, of which I would guess 28 pages are about 'wingy' stuff of little or no interest to the car modellers.

I for one have no desire to trawl through countless comments about Spittycanes or Hurrischmidts just to find the few posts about the Jaguar.

Locking the topic here is just doing a great disservice to the car fraternity on the forum.

Now I expect this will get locked or deleted.

• Like 1

I think this individual topic should be in the rumourmonger?  But as you say most of the threads there are about future aircraft kits! 🤔

@roymattblack I thought about posting the exact same yesterday. We have discussed future car/bike kits in this section in the past without any problems I would like to continue to do so because as you say all car/bike news gets lost in all the aircraft discussions.

23 minutes ago, malpaso said:

I think this individual topic should be in the rumourmonger?  But as you say most of the threads there are about future aircraft kits! 🤔

This isn't a rumour.

Airfix have announced it as a release in August.

42 minutes ago, roymattblack said:

This isn't a rumour.

Airfix have announced it as a release in August.

I’m not disagreeing, it’s just that rumourmonger seems to be where all the announced-but-not-yet-in-production kits get discussed!   And most start with a report of a manufacturer news item so hardly a rumour either!

Traffic here in Vehicles is very light so we’ll probably be okay...

2 hours ago, roymattblack said:

I see the previous topic posted here has been locked as it's already in the chat section.

All I can find is (currently) 29 pages about Airfix 2021, of which I would guess 28 pages are about 'wingy' stuff of little or no interest to the car modellers.

I for one have no desire to trawl through countless comments about Spittycanes or Hurrischmidts just to find the few posts about the Jaguar.

Locking the topic here is just doing a great disservice to the car fraternity on the forum.

Now I expect this will get locked or deleted.

Why didn't you speak to a Mod about it then, rather than trying to rabble-rouse on the forum?

Have you ever heard of the search facility?  It's not the best, but if you search on the more unusual aspects of your enquiry using more than 3 characters, such as "Airfix" and "Jaguar", you'd probably be able to find any content you wanted.  It's a new feature that's only been around for the last 12 or 13 years. :hmmm: Oh, and thanks so much for demeaning the aviation side of the site in addition to the Mods.  I'm sure we all appreciate it so much.  Let's review your game plan.  Irritate the Mods, don't bother to search, and try to whip up an angry mob of car enthusiasts to get what you want, and that's saying nothing about your other exploits.  :clap2:

Oh, and reverse psychology doesn't work when it's that obvious.

If anyone else wants to have a calm, grown-up discussion regarding possible changes to the vehicle area, you're welcome to get in touch. :)

• Like 2

• Mike locked this topic