THE Pz.III STGB - IS NOW UNDERWAY!

PlaStix

After what seems like an incredibly long time since I proposed this much anticipated Single Type Group Build, it is now only four weeks until the start day - Saturday 6th February!

The following 43 members are already signed up - are you all ready for the off?:

@Ozzy, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @SleeperService, @fatfingers, @German Armour, @vppelt68, @GREG DESTEC, @bigfoot, @SoftScience, @Robert Stuart, @Yetifan, @Retired Bob, @sdk_uk, @Foxbat, @exdraken, @Chrissy_J, @John, @the South African, @Bullbasket, @ridinshotgun, @AgentG@ijs302, @stevej60, @Bonhoff, @nimrod54, @Silver Fox, @badger, @srkirad, @sampanzer, @witjas4, @Jasper dog, @Rob S, @klr, @modelling minion, @SimonT, @shelfspace, @Mig Eater, @M3talpig, @Longbow, @robw_uk, @Ned, @Six97s and @Andy J

I apologise if I have missed anyone off the list. If anyone else wants to take part please just let me know. The actual chat thread for this GB can be found here:

I'm still not absolutely sure what kit(s) I'm going to make..........I have changed my mind many more times than the number of Pz.III kits I have.......which is a lot!!......but probably not as many as some people! :frantic:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

All ready and raring to go!!! Have a fairly complex build planned with a Revell 1/72 Panzer III I'll be backdating to an ausf E using a ton of resin bits.

Ben

• Like 1

Hi Stix. I was ready to go, but the kit that I have, is the Dragon lll M/N, and it's a bit of a dog in places. Turns out that it can trace it's origins back to Gunze Sangyo in 1987....and it shows. So I am in the process of ordering a Tamiya 1/48th Stug lllG, and hopefully, it will be with me long before the kickoff.

Stay safe and well.

John.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Hi Stix, well I have only one Pzr lll kit atm however I may have a couple more come start time 😉👍

Hi Andy. Glad to hear you have at least one kit then!!

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Mine's all set as its the only one in the stash and I'm building it OOTB, makes a refreshing change knowing what I'm doing and having all I need!

Hi Craig. That sounds perfect to me! I'm quite jealous of you and Andy - I have waayyy too many and it's now difficult to chose which to build. I have some 1/35 kits that I really want to spend a lot of time on - probably quite a bit longer than the three months of a STGB - and, whatever I chose from the 1/48 or 1/72nd versions I have, I need to keep in mind I'm hosting this GB and want to make sure I spend more time checking out everyone else's builds as well. I'm gravitating towards a couple of 1/48 Tamiya Stug IIIs at the moment.

4 hours ago, badger said:

All ready and raring to go!!! Have a fairly complex build planned with a Revell 1/72 Panzer III I'll be backdating to an ausf E using a ton of resin bits.

Ben

Hi Ben. I'm really looking forward to following your 1/72nd AFV artistry. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

Thanks for the reminder!

1/48 Tamiya Stug III  incl Friul track I hope somewhere down in the stash :)

Need to urgently finish my Panther though next week!!!!

No problem!! Glad it was useful.

I'm also thinking about making a 1/48 Tamiya Stug III. Which one are thinking of making?....and Friul tracks!.....I'm a bit jealous!! They should take it to another level.

I may start with the Ausf.B version if I do go down the 1/48 route. I've also got the G version - Kit No.32525 - which I will start if I think I have time enough to do two.

And good luck with your Panther! Hope you get it finished okay.

4 hours ago, srkirad said:

Ready and waiting for the start :) Kit is right here, ready to be unpacked :) 

Fantastic!! Looking forward to following one of your excellent builds!

3 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Ready for the off.
Very tempted to build one of my StuGs now - with a Panzer III on its way (last heard of in Duisburg), I will have too many kits to complete in the GB time frame.

Hi Robert. Great to hear you are ready - I always enjoy your builds. I too am thinking about going down the Stug route and it sounds like you have the same problem as me with too many to chose from.

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Hi Stix. I was ready to go, but the kit that I have, is the Dragon lll M/N, and it's a bit of a dog in places. Turns out that it can trace it's origins back to Gunze Sangyo in 1987....and it shows. So I am in the process of ordering a Tamiya 1/48th Stug lllG, and hopefully, it will be with me long before the kickoff.

Stay safe and well.

John.

Hi John. Sorry your Dragon kit isn't a suitable project for this GB and I hope your 1/48 Tamiya Stug turns up in time. I look forward to seeing what you do with it - your detailing skills always takes your builds to the next level.

Thank you and take care too.

2 hours ago, ijs302 said:

Hi thanks for the reminder, I wanted to build a 1/35 panzer but haven't found one yet but I have a 1/48 stug to hand which is tempting me so just about ready

Ian

No problem.

It looks like there are going to be a lot of 1/48 projects in this GB which, I think, is good news! I really enjoy Tamiya's 1/48 kits. I'm looking forward to following your build.

2 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I have my kits and AM ready for off.

Hi Bob. That's great news. Looking forward to following your project! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, fatfingers said:

All ready to go with a Takom Ausf M 👍

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve. I've heard the Takom kits are supposed to be really good. I'm looking forward to seeing your skills take it to the next level! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

IBG PzIII AusfB and Airfix Stug ready and waiting to go...

IanJ 

Hi Ian. Great to hear that you have a couple of builds planned! The more the merrier! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them! :thumbsup:

Thank you to you all! It's good to hear everyone seems mostly sorted!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Bob. That's great news. Looking forward to following your project! :thumbsup:

Just as a re-cap I have bought this especially for this GB, ignoring the half dozen already in the stash! :whistle:

IMG_1431

It turns out that this is a re-box of the Dragon kit of the Stuh 42 which I already had in my stash :doh: But this means I can build both options, the Stug IIIG and the Stuh 42. :thumbsup:

AM is turned metal barrels with brass muzzle brakes and resin mantlets.  Roll on Saturday the 6th February.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Longbow said:

I have too many Pz III and Stug variants than I wish to admit to, at this point. 

Lee, you're in a safe place, amongst friends, just admit that you have a model addiction.  I felt better after I did, come on now, be honest, we will not judge you......so come on, how many? :fight: 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Lee, you're in a safe place, amongst friends, just admit that you have a model addiction.  I felt better after I did, come on now, be honest, we will not judge you......so come on, how many? :fight: 

Hello.... My name is Lee.... And I’m an addict. 

;)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Longbow said:

3 Stug III’s, 2 Ausf J’s, one Ausf N, and a big bloomin’ box of AM....

So, 6, that wasn't too difficult was it.  I mean lot's of us have 6....or 7 Panzer III's and their derivatives.  No big deal. :shrug:

• Haha 3

On 10/01/2021 at 00:38, Retired Bob said:

So, 6, that wasn't too difficult was it.  I mean lot's of us have 6....or 7 Panzer III's and their derivatives.  No big deal. :shrug:

It's called attention seeking Bob a common trait in children 😉👍

• Haha 3

On 1/9/2021 at 7:38 PM, Retired Bob said:

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

It's called attention seeking Bob a common trait in children 😉👍

Oi !! I'll have less of your cheek, ya young whipper snappers !!

It's actually more, 'cuz I found a Takom Ausf. M I had forgotten about :D

So 2 J's, an M, a Tamiya N/L, and three Stug's. 

Edited by Longbow
  • Haha 3