THE Pz.III STGB - IS NOW UNDERWAY!

PlaStix

7 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

Revell note it as a "Drawing Board" PzIII so I think it might not be permitted under the GB rules - @PlaStix wiIl confirm one way or the other...

You are correct Ian, I just checked the rules and if it was not actually built then it is not eligible to be entered into the GB.  Sorry sardaukar, I was letting my enthusiasm get the better of me. :fraidnot:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

Revell note it as a "Drawing Board" PzIII so I think it might not be permitted under the GB rules - @PlaStix wiIl confirm one way or the other...

IanJ 

ok I never saw the 'drawing board' comment in the description on the Revell site I didn't think pzIII had much in the way of paper panzers. I instantly started looking for a pzIII wirblewind 🤔, seems they didn't go that far.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

ok I never saw the 'drawing board' comment in the description on the Revell site I didn't think pzIII had much in the way of paper panzers. I instantly started looking for a pzIII wirblewind 🤔, seems they didn't go that far.

I didn't see the "drawing board" description either, seems you have either a tank or assault gun as choices.  I'm building a couple of assault guns. :winkgrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

Hi and welcome, all you need to do to join a GB is, when the GB opens, start a new build thread with an appropriate title,  you run your thread with other members posting questions, giving compliments or answering questions.  When you update your thread, it goes to the top of the GB list so that anyone interested can see there has been new content.  Don't worry, it's all straight forward and there are lots of helpful people on here should you need it.  Hope this is helpful, just have a look at some ongoing GB's to get the idea.  Look  forward to seeing your build in just over a week. :like:

Thanks!  Pardon my stupidity, but does that thread go in the “Work In Progress” under the AFV Modeling Forum or is it posted in the Modeling Forum?  

34 minutes ago, f matthews said:

Thanks!  Pardon my stupidity, but does that thread go in the “Work In Progress” under the AFV Modeling Forum or is it posted in the Modeling Forum?  

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/50-group-builds/

If you head to this section of the forum, a bit further down the main page, you will get a special page specifically for the group build and you can start your WIP in there. Hope that makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

If you head to this section of the forum, a bit further down the main page, you will get a special page specifically for the group build and you can start your WIP in there. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for helping out Stef.  Remember the Panzer III Gb isn't open yet, by the 6th of February you will be able to access it, underneath the GB banner on the right hand side will be a black rectangle with the white wording "Start New Topic" pressing that is how you begin, you add what you want as your title, press submit and you are off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @sardaukar and welcome to the STGB. I have added you to the list in the first post of the official GB thread here:

As @Retired Bob and @Bonhoff have already kindly mentioned, in Single Type Group Builds, like this one, there is usually a rule that states, unless a vehicle was actually manufactured, then it's not eligible to be part of the GB. There are usually 'What if' GBs that this sort of vehicle can be built in. I hope you can find something suitable to build if you still want to take part.

Hi @f matthews. As @Retired Bob and @Stef N. kindly mentioned, the place where you can start your WIP thread will appear in this section:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/106-current-groupbuilds/, during the next week - when Enzo gets chance. And then from Saturday 6th February you can actually start your build. I'm looking forward to following your build of Dragon's Ausf.J.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Looking forward to this. Got a couple of Stugs in the stash but they're looking very popular so I'll dig out my Ausf L gun tank. 

Andy

......there is something about a StuG and I agree, they do look like they are going to be popular in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi @sardaukar and welcome to the STGB. I have added you to the list in the first post of the official GB thread here:

As @Retired Bob and @Bonhoff have already kindly mentioned, in Single Type Group Builds, like this one, there is usually a rule that states, unless a vehicle was actually manufactured, then it's not eligible to be part of the GB. There are usually 'What if' GBs that this sort of vehicle can be built in. I hope you can find something suitable to build if you still want to take part.

I'm still in, I have a pzIII and stug in the stash to choose from unless I find something else.

• Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to Pz.III STGB - IN LESS THAN 1 WEEK!! Starts Saturday 6th February

Enzo has kindly opened the Panzer III STGB area. You can now start your threads but please don't start your builds until Saturday 6th February, when the GB officially starts.

The Panzer III STGB area can be found here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/722-panzer-iii-stgb/

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• PlaStix changed the title to Pz.III STGB - IN LESS THAN 1 WEEK!! Starts Saturday 6th February - STGB area now open

Hi all. Only a couple of days to go until we can start building our kits!! Judging by the threads already started, it looks like we are going to have a wide range of Panzer IIIs and StuG IIIs to enjoy watching being made, in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/35, from an interesting range of kit manufactures. There's some rather nice aftermarket items going to be used as well!

I can't wait for it all to get started!!

The Pz.III STGB area can be found here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/722-panzer-iii-stgb/

KInd regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• PlaStix changed the title to Pz.III STGB - IN LESS THAN 2 DAYS!! Starts Saturday 6th February - STGB area now open
  • PlaStix changed the title to THE Pz.III STGB - IS NOW UNDERWAY!