THE Pz.III STGB - IS NOW UNDERWAY!

PlaStix

Well dang.... One of the problems with the long wait time between group build announcement and start times, is that the fickle amongst us (me) have very rapidly shifting interests. I'll see if I can drum up any enthusiasm within myself, over the next few weeks.

On 12/01/2021 at 14:22, SoftScience said:

I'll see if I can drum up any enthusiasm within myself, over the next few weeks.

I do hope so! I'd love to see one of your builds in progress in this GB!

.....although, reading some of the posts on the previous page in this thread, I may be spending a lot of my time,,.....now what's the phrase.........'herding cats'!! :whip: :lol:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 6

Well Stix I hope you've noticed that I've not been involved in any of the shenanigans on the previous page, the subject of most of them but this fish ain't biting.....infact i prefer to think of myself as the Sensible One.....yep that sounds about right to me 🙂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Well Stix I hope you've noticed that I've not been involved in any of the shenanigans on the previous page, the subject of most of them but this fish ain't biting.....infact i prefer to think of myself as the Sensible One.....yep that sounds about right to me 🙂👍

We shall re-name you from Andy to Captain Sensible.....no that doesn't mean you wear your underpants over your trousers. :fraidnot:

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

We shall re-name you from Andy to Captain Sensible.....no that doesn't mean you wear your underpants over your trousers. :fraidnot:

Sorry Bob but we already have Captain Brad so I'll have to decline and if it's good enough for superman 🦸‍♂️ it's good enough for me 🙂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

I do hope so! I'd love to see one of your builds in progress in this GB!

.....although, reading some of the posts on the previous page in this thread, I may be spending a lot of my time,,.....now what's the phrase.........'herding cats'!! :whip: :lol:

Kind regards,

Stix

I'll probaty play along. Looking through my pile of models i found  StuG Fs in both 1/35 and 1/48. I also have a B, but it's well over the 25% built cutoff.  Maybe i'll pick up something more interesting before February.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, PlaStix said:

I may be spending a lot of my time,,.....now what's the phrase.........'herding cats'!! :whip: :lol:

Sorry, Stix !! My ADHD tends to kick in......

SQUIRREL !!!

I'm starting to blame Bob as the instigator, though, lately.

Us innocent young fella's can't be held as responsible parties. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

New toy just arrived,  it's all Lee's fault @Longbow he recommended it and the upgrade set to go with it, why did I need another panzer III / Stug..?

So easily led astray....dam'd colonials!

spacer.png

It also has the most peculiar figure I've yet seen in any kit....

Something nice a out a brand new kit though.!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

New toy just arrived,  it's all Lee's fault @Longbow he recommended it and the upgrade set to go with it, why did I need another panzer III / Stug..?

So easily led astray....dam'd colonials!

spacer.png

It also has the most peculiar figure I've yet seen in any kit....

Something nice a out a brand new kit though.!

Have you looked at the sprues yet ?

I didn’t notice a figure....

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Have you looked at the sprues yet ?

I didn’t notice a figure....

Just a quick glance....wouldn't want any accusations of cheating!🤫

If you can call him/it a figure and a selection of weapons....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Just a quick glance....wouldn't want any accusations of cheating!🤫

If you can call him/it a figure and a selection of weapons....

I’ll have to take a closer look...

I hadn’t noticed a figure at all 🤣

On 09/01/2021 at 11:50, PlaStix said:

After what seems like an incredibly long time since I proposed this much anticipated Single Type Group Build, it is now only four weeks until the start day - Saturday 6th February!

The following 43 members are already signed up - are you all ready for the off?:

@Ozzy, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @SleeperService, @fatfingers, @German Armour, @vppelt68, @GREG DESTEC, @bigfoot, @SoftScience, @Robert Stuart, @Yetifan, @Retired Bob, @sdk_uk, @Foxbat, @exdraken, @Chrissy_J, @John, @the South African, @Bullbasket, @ridinshotgun, @AgentG@ijs302, @stevej60, @Bonhoff, @nimrod54, @Silver Fox, @badger, @srkirad, @sampanzer, @witjas4, @Jasper dog, @Rob S, @klr, @modelling minion, @SimonT, @shelfspace, @Mig Eater, @M3talpig, @Longbow, @robw_uk, @Ned, @Six97s and @Andy J

I apologise if I have missed anyone off the list. If anyone else wants to take part please just let me know. The actual chat thread for this GB can be found here:

I'm still not absolutely sure what kit(s) I'm going to make..........I have changed my mind many more times than the number of Pz.III kits I have.......which is a lot!!......but probably not as many as some people! :frantic:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello Stix

I read about the GB with great interest!

Is it possible to join in?
I've had an old Dragon colleague in storage for a long time and the GB would be a good opportunity to let him out.

spacer.png

Thanks!
MD

• Like 3

• PlaStix changed the title to Pz.III STGB - LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!! Starts Saturday 6th February
On 16/01/2021 at 15:37, THEscaleSHOW said:

Hello Stix

I read about the GB with great interest!

Is it possible to join in?
I've had an old Dragon colleague in storage for a long time and the GB would be a good opportunity to let him out.
Thanks!
MD

Hi MD. Great to have you along for the GB - I will add you to the list in the first post of the thread here:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi MD. Great to have you along for the GB - I will add you to the list in the first post of the thread here:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello Stix

Very cool news!

Then I will get a bit of accessories for the gun 👍

THX!

MD

• Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to Pz.III STGB - LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!! Starts Saturday 6th February

Hello, as a newbie around here i'd like to get involved, can you add me?

I have a dragon panzer iii and an UM stug in 1/72 in the stash, one of which I may build and enter or buy something else entirely.

One question for those in the know as I didn't see it on the list but is flakpanzer III ostwind a real thing? Or just made up by the folks at Revell. I came across this while looking for panzer iii based kits.

https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/military/vehicles-wwii/flakpanzer-iii-ostwind-3-7-cm-flak-43.html

• Like 1

I’m not quite sure how Group Builds go (so you do your own “Work In Progress” thread or is there one massive thread for everybody?), but I’m keen to build this one that has been in my stash forever. I’ve wanted to build one of these since the early 1990s when I first got the Squadron “Panzer Colors” series and one of these was on one of the covers.

50881478588_842007526f_b.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Got your whip ready to herd those pesky cats. :wicked:

Well in jaws they needed a bigger boat...I fear you may need a bigger whip 😂👍

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, f matthews said:

I’m not quite sure how Group Builds go (so you do your own “Work In Progress” thread or is there one massive thread for everybody?), but I’m keen to build this one that has been in my stash forever. I’ve wanted to build one of these since the early 1990s when I first got the Squadron “Panzer Colors” series and one of these was on one of the covers.

Hi and welcome, all you need to do to join a GB is, when the GB opens, start a new build thread with an appropriate title,  you run your thread with other members posting questions, giving compliments or answering questions.  When you update your thread, it goes to the top of the GB list so that anyone interested can see there has been new content.  Don't worry, it's all straight forward and there are lots of helpful people on here should you need it.  Hope this is helpful, just have a look at some ongoing GB's to get the idea.  Look  forward to seeing your build in just over a week. :like:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sardaukar said:

One question for those in the know as I didn't see it on the list but is flakpanzer III ostwind a real thing? Or just made up by the folks at Revell. I came across this while looking for panzer iii based kits.

Hi and welcome, well I had never heard of one, I knew that Panzer III chassis were all needed for conversion to Stug III but I thought I'd check on some other sites.  They confirm that there never were any Panzer III Ostwind, so it looks like Revell have just decided to invent it, the real ones were all built on the Panzer IV chassis.  But if you want to build one, go for it! :like:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Revell note it as a "Drawing Board" PzIII so I think it might not be permitted under the GB rules - @PlaStix wiIl confirm one way or the other...

IanJ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1