1/72nd Eduard Spitfire Mk.VIII, 607 (County of Durham) Sqn, SEAC, Burma 1944.

Hiya Folks,

Having built my Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc as a 607 Sqn aircraft from 1943 I decided to build an Eduard Spitfire Mk.VIII kit in the units markings too, again using the DK Decals SEAC Spitfie`s sheet,.... and what a kit it is,.... some of the left over bits were even used on another Airfix Mk.Vc kit too.

As usual the model was brush painted and I used Humbrol enamels,..... I`m experimenting with various paints now that the Polly Scale and Aeromaster colours that I normally use are running out.

DSCF9457-NEW.jpg

DSCF9459-NEW.jpg

DSCF9461-NEW.jpg

DSCF9462-NEW.jpg

DSCF9458-NEW.jpg

DSCF9463-NEW.jpg

DSCF9465-NEW.jpg

DSCF9469-NEW.jpg

DSCF9473-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 38

Excellent work again Tony I'm shamed into admitting I don't have a representative aircraft of my local squadron whose home was

only eight miles away,I live in hope someday we'll get a reasonably priced new tool 1/32 Hurricane to remedy that!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Very nice Tony!!! :like:  Eduard`s line of Spitfires are quite delightful.  😍

Mike

Thanks Mike. ..... totally agree,.... they are wonderful,..... looking forward to some 1/72nd early versions too hopefully? The 1/48th Mk.I/II`s are gorgeous.

14 hours ago, Madmaks said:

lovely build and I am in awe of your brush painting work!

Thanks mate,...... brush painting just takes practice and a lot of luck! 

10 hours ago, Robert Armstrong said:

Lovely builds, bud 👌

Cheers Bob,...... your love of 607 has rubbed off a bit mate over the years!! 

10 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Excellent work again Tony I'm shamed into admitting I don't have a representative aircraft of my local squadron whose home was

only eight miles away,I live in hope someday we'll get a reasonably priced new tool 1/32 Hurricane to remedy that!

Thanks Steve,..... a new tool 1/32nd Hurricane family would be bloody amazing pal! 

9 hours ago, Mig88 said:

Beautifully done!

I just hope those I have in my stash come out as nicely as yours... when I get to them!

Miguel

Thanks Miguel and I`m sure they will mate,...... they are lovely kits,.... a real treat to build,.... just watch the seam line along the top of the engine panel.

7 hours ago, swralph said:

Looks great Tony.😀

Thanks mate,... much appreciated.

7 hours ago, mahavelona said:

Always so impressed by your painting and presentation

Thank you,... and very kind of you to say so.  

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooo a fantastic Spitfire Tony,  great finish how did you get on with the Humbrol paints ? 

Great work as usual. 

Chris

Cheers Chris,..... the Humbrol paints were a bit of a shock after acrylics,.... I`d forgotten what it was like to wait 2-3 days between coats while the paint dried! It was a little thick, so I had to apply the coats very thinly and also sanded between coats,.... but the colour look to be just what I was trying to achieve. 

All the best and thanks again,

Tony

• Like 2

An impressive Mk VIII! Tony, it is I always a pleasure to see your great models since you are so skilled when you are doing the paint job. 👍 The Eduard kit is indeed the best Mk VIII available in 1/72. I really like SEAC Spitfires, so I am looking forward to your next one.  Best Regards, Martin  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 112 Squadron said:

An impressive Mk VIII! Tony, it is I always a pleasure to see your great models since you are so skilled when you are doing the paint job. 👍 The Eduard kit is indeed the best Mk VIII available in 1/72. I really like SEAC Spitfires, so I am looking forward to your next one.  Best Regards, Martin  

Thanks Mrtin,.... you are too kind mate,..... I basically just muddle along and get lucky, thats all!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheers Chris,..... the Humbrol paints were a bit of a shock after acrylics,.... I`d forgotten what it was like to wait 2-3 days between coats while the paint dried! It was a little thick, so I had to apply the coats very thinly and also sanded between coats,.... but the colour look to be just what I was trying to achieve. 

Good that you have remastered the enamels as you have got a great finish.  I tend to leave mine between 8 hrs to a day to recoat, but sometimes it can be pot luck and can end up removing a bit of the previous coat.  A thin coat of Klear can help speed up there as it can still be quite matt on the first coat.

Chris

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Good that you have remastered the enamels as you have got a great finish.  I tend to leave mine between 8 hrs to a day to recoat, but sometimes it can be pot luck and can end up removing a bit of the previous coat.  A thin coat of Klear can help speed up there as it can still be quite matt on the first coat.

Chris

I wouldn`t say re mastered Chris,.... more of a work in progress yet! Good tip re the Klear,.... I may try that. ... I find that rubbing the surface with my finger helps too when it has gone beyon the tacky stage,.... but still isn`t dry yet,..... sort of flattens the paint down a touch too, maybe pushing some liquid out? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FinnAndersen said:

The Eduard Spitfire VIII is a gem and you have made it shine. Congratulation on a very nice build.

/Finn

Thanks Finn,... very kind of you and I agree,....  gem of a kit. 

25 minutes ago, Army_Air_Force said:

Nice to see these two Spits in 607 Sqdn markings. I live around 4 miles from what was RAF Usworth, home to 607 Squadron for a time, so have a soft spot for 607 Squadron aircraft.

Thanks mate,... I have quite a few friends from your neck of the woods who feel the same as you,.... and their enthusiasm sort of rubbed off. 

• Like 1