1/72 Airfix Seaking HAR.3

XZ585

Westland Seaking HAR.3

RAF Coltishall

202 Sqn

9108f5dcc2071c02c0a396d9a6b09912.jpgc032feaef4d2ba44a3ade0acdff397b6.jpg

539e97530bbd66699d564b532dcf40bd.jpg634039dcfe4ecfb9a1e977cda0d8f60a.jpgc5ad54c587f0b881fef65aedb2016af8.jpg

This is my attempt at the old tool Airfix Seaking, and well its a meh. The first issue with this, is that is has a crack on the starboard side, which i couldn't be bothered to do much to it to fix it. I have heard alot of bad about this kit, and If im honest i didn't experience many problems (apart from some odd shapes for the seaking) The worst fitting place was around the inlets but even that wasn't difficult to get rid of. Yellow is a few layers of Tamiya Xf-8 and a couple layers of X-3. Decals have a slightly milky look, but im putting that down to the age of them. The real let down is the exhaust staining i attempted, but that can be an excuse to buy a new tool one. 

Here is the WIP

• Like 31

Looks very good to me. Yellow and white can be a real pain to put down and got a good consistent coverage so I'm quite impressed with your paint work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Looks very good to me. Yellow and white can be a real pain to put down and got a good consistent coverage so I'm quite impressed with your paint work. 

Thanks. The colour of plastic was yellow, so that was a massive help. 

1 hour ago, Pete in a shed said:

Good job on the old kit. Coming from North Norfolk I used to see these quite a bit. They look great in yellow:like:

Pete

Thanks, I remember seeing them quite a bit down here aswell, of course you had to wave at them as they flew past

It looks excellent, very impressive! This is one of the kits I’m currently considering as my next build, so it’s good to see it built. I’ll be very pleased if mine turns out this nice.

I remember sitting in XZ587 at Boulmer when I went on a base tour there as a kid in the 80s, so if I make one I’ll do it as that airframe.

Does that side door slide open?

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, does really help me out.

4 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Does that side door slide open?

Its designed too, just doesn't achieve it well, it seems a bit too snug, but a bit of sanding down the door a little bit to make it thinner should fix it.

• Like 1