Indian Su-7BMK (Modelsvit 1/72) - 13sep21 back at her, with final decals on

12 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Looking very nice Martin :like:. I wish I'd known about Arctic Decals as I needed a name in red cyrillic for my Il38N. I tried to print my own but they were too dark as the colour density couldnt cope with the dark aircraft colour. so Ive left them off. Im assuming he can print lettering/anything with white under the top colour?

Pete

Yes, Pete, he can. Another great example of what he can do is on my recent Mustang. The Dutch Decals set was wrong for the sharks mouth so he printed a new set based on my drawing :)  

Thanks for your kind words. 

Martin

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2021 at 10:05 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Yes, Pete, he can. Another great example of what he can do is on my recent Mustang. The Dutch Decals set was wrong for the sharks mouth so he printed a new set based on my drawing :)  

I received my latest set from Mika today and they look great. I will post a photo when I can.

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Courageous said:

Some nice corrective work on the Sukhoi Martin and with the paint and decals going on, she is looking very nice. Not too far off now before end game.

Keep up the good work.

Stuart

Thanks again, Stuart. Yes, she is looking good but I am losing interest in her :(. She has been on the bench for nearly a year! I’ll have to give myself a good talking to and get her done. As you say, I am nearly there now :)

Martin

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, RidgeRunner said:

I've found another Indian Fitter that might work for a future build ;). The colours of the circles and FALCON name strips would need to be researched.  It is in the later lighter grey overall with the green and brown. It is quoted as being in Delhi for an exhibition but I think the truth is that it is a wargames machine from 101 sqn, and was taken at Hindon AFS (which is to the East of Delhi). 

51283835317_11c63e96c2_b.jpg

Martin

Actually, 101 Sqn phased out its Su-7s for MiG 21 Ms in 1975.  this pic is of a 32 Sqn (Thunderbirds) Su-7 from 1981 at Hindan.  Its standard camo of sea grey/dark green and Russian brown.  the polka dots were orangish-yellow.  The 'Falcon' label comes from the call signs used by the Sqn, Thunderbird, Eagle, Sparrow, Falcon, Bustard, Osprey, etc.  Mine was Phoenix.  The Sqn exchanged their Sus for MiG-21 Bis in 1982.

• Thanks 1