Spitfire LF.IXe PT959 RAF Twente 45

Hello modellers.

Spitfire LF.IXe PT959 RAF Twente 45

Finished this Eduard Weekend Edition kit with PE parts.

The Spitfire is for a diorama I'm still currently building called  'How to deal with a doodlebug.'

Seeing how the model will partly live in a dark hanger, thought I should take some pics whilst its outside. 

Beautiful kit of a simply stunning aeroplane. Really struggled to do this any justice.

Never was a fan of clipped wings, but this kit changed my mind. Now think it looks quite aggressive with the short wings.

Thanks for looking.

50812870753_4a0ffafa76_c.jpgSpitfireMkIXeA

50813617956_81e787947b_c.jpgSpitfireMkIXeE

50812870623_b8b925efa0_c.jpgSpitfireMkIXeD

50813725712_8cd49e4843_c.jpgSpitfireMkIXeC

50812870708_ec3cc8b5c0_c.jpgSpitfireMkIXeB

• Like 41

Nice. I'm still not sold on the look of the CW but this looks a great result. The spinning prop effect is a nice touch (slow shutter+crafty hand I'm guessing?) even if they probably wouldn't be too happy about the pilot leaving his aircraft with the engine running IRL ;) 

9 hours ago, burncpt said:

Nice. I'm still not sold on the look of the CW but this looks a great result. The spinning prop effect is a nice touch (slow shutter+crafty hand I'm guessing?) even if they probably wouldn't be too happy about the pilot leaving his aircraft with the engine running IRL ;) 

haha thanks mate. Slow shutter + 5 second count down + Grown man spinning a tiny prop with his finger and blowing as hard as he can = looking like a complete plonker!

Pilot has been demoted. Currently on latrine duty over the weekend. Its curry night tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lovely. Since seeing photos of Wg Cdr Bradley's aircraft in Christopher Shores' 2nd TAF book, I've always thought it was one of the most attractive Mk IXs. You've done a great job on it.

Justin 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bedders said:

Lovely. Since seeing photos of Wg Cdr Bradley's aircraft in Christopher Shores' 2nd TAF book, I've always thought it was one of the most attractive Mk IXs. You've done a great job on it.

Justin 

Did a bit of research trying to find a pretty looking Mk.Ix and this one stood out from the crowd!

I really like unique spinners and not too many spits have designs on their props. 

I don't suppose you can tell me if Wg Cdr Bradley's aircraft hand much dealings with V1s can you?

I know the unit wasn't posted for long at RAF Twente (Dutch) as most dogfighting was over as far as I can tell, but I'm assuming some bomb chasing was still going on in 45.

I ask as this is the subject of my diorama Im making. :)

btw, Here is a another model with a half blue (lighter shade) spinner i did. 

50737484301_9d4c35ae90_c.jpgTYP-2

• Like 1

Very nice indeed. And you painted the cockpit crowbar red, which always gets a comment! 😀

I'd love to see more of that Typhoon which looks equally excellent. 

3 hours ago, IanC said:

Very nice indeed. And you painted the cockpit crowbar red, which always gets a comment! 😀

I'd love to see more of that Typhoon which looks equally excellent. 

Thank you mate. Keen eye for that red crowbar.

You can find the complete set of pics here Ian

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235085208-2020-my-airfield-148-diorama-collection/

50737592082_226d9a3cbb_c.jpgTYP-1

Edited by Suprastar3000
  • Like 1