A little country building base.

Just me messing about with doing 1/48 scale bases.  I wanted to work on getting a better composition of the background elements rather than just whacking stuff on the base.  I also wanted to think more about the colours I'm using and limit the number of colours so the focus will be more on the subject( yet to be decided).  I still have a bit more to add but mostly done.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I want to try something a bit different for the nameplate too.

I hope you like.

Dan

• Like 6

I have the little Tilly in the to do pile but I'm thinking of giving the Gaso.line French UE tankette a go.  I'm trying out the resin kits and so far they have been a blast.  If that doesn't work out I have a little Ace Flak38 20mm gun on its trailer that fits the base perfectly.  It's only been waiting for a base for a few years now.  

I like the idea about the cat.  If I could get mine to stop leaving paw prints on my two cars I would be a happy man.

• Like 2

I worked on a little side project today.  This little bunker in plaster and plastic card.  Spent much more time on getting the angles and sizing right.  Still didn't allow for the plaster to shrink just a tiny bit, sign.  I think it came out okay.  Broke out the old Dingo for some pics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So much more I could do but I don't want to get too bogged down.  Nice to have another little stage to take pictures on.  Thanks for looking in.

• Like 3

I must say I do like the colours . . . 

The static grass look good as well as the tree.

I think you are right to let the backdrop have its own appeal, put something small in front of both sets which hopefully wont take the eye from them . . .