100 Years of Honoring Kosciuszko Heroes

I have Just completed My last Aircraft Honoring the Kosciuszko Squadron Flyers. This was the 1/48 Eduard/Academy Mig-29 UB in Polish Markings

spacer.png

I need to thank Polish AF US Liaison Budniak Karol for all his support in correct colors of Mig-29. The decals are from ModelMaker ,a Polish decal company and they were fantastic. Below are two Aircraft with 100 years of separation tied in by the pilot, American Major Cedric Fauntleroy. The Albatross is the markings of Major Fauntleroy in 1920 and the 2020 Mig-29 has the pilots image on the inside of the the tails. Both aircraft sport the Kosciuszko Squadron Emblem designed by an American flier Elliot Chess during the Polish/Bolshevik conflict in 1920.

spacer.png

Major Fauntleroy was the Kosciuszko Squadron commander during the conflict.

spacer.png

I was trying complete the Mig-29  in 2020 but I did not receive the decals until December.

spacer.png

I added the Eduard F.O.D covers just to add a Little color.The kit was loaded with Photo-etched parts,Resin seats and I added Resin Exhaust set.

spacer.png

Notice the two different photos in the tail area, one in flying gear and one formal uniform.

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking

Comments are always welcome

Regards

Bill

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Both are superb models! And great pleasure and proud to see respect paid by Polish Air Force to the national hero of so many countries including my native Belarus! Hopefully some day Tadevuš Kaśćiuška's name will be honoured by army and airforce on this side of the border too :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

Both are superb models! And great pleasure and proud to see respect paid by Polish Air Force to the national hero of so many countries including my native Belarus! Hopefully some day Tadevuš Kaśćiuška's name will be honoured by army and airforce on this side of the border too :)

Thank You Sir for those kind comments and your skill in the presenting of the Tadevuš Kaśćiuška's name.

Best Regards

Bill

20 minutes ago, Wdedig said:

Thank You Sir for those kind comments and your skill in the presenting of the Tadevuš Kaśćiuška's name.

Hi, thank you too :) I used Belarusian latin spelling. In Polish I think his name is spelled as Tadeusz Kościuszko.

Thank You all for the positive feedback. This Squadron is a passion of mine and I have loved the story and the actions of the Polish Air Force.

Cheers

Bill

Excellent subjects. Just finished reading Volume 1 of the history of 303 Squadron by Wojtek Matusiak. Two other volumes to go next. VEry inspiring reading.