Stalking the iron dragon

A German officer described the British tank as a "gigantic, iron dragon" so I thought that was a good name to incorporate into my title.  Shown here is Takom's Mark IV Female being stalked by two stormtroopers with grenades being tossed on the roof.  Ive been reading 'Deborah and the War of the Tanks 1917' by John Taylor and many tanks were lost to the extremely muddy conditions in No Man's Land.  Other tanks out distanced the infantry and were subject to fending for themselves as shown here.  Flirt II was built out of box and the ICM figures came from the Stormtrooper set.  

G6XDqwT.jpg

jnCB6xc.jpg

dXIoIjF.jpg

9G7OZYk.jpg

AtOLejz.jpg

Edited by cduckworth
Spelling error
  • Like 24

I would have liked to have mud being dropped off the rear tracks so show some motion but I couldn’t come up with any viable modeling solutions.  I tried black poly fill with thick paint but it just didn’t look realistic. If anyone has any suggestions I’d like to hear them.  

That looks like a sloppy muddy mess indeed!

Very nice!

There are some nice water effect materials out there that might work for wet mud running off the track.

Possibly some kind of thick vinyl caulking mixed with your mud colours would work?

• 2 weeks later...