F-16I SUFA Interior 3D Decal (QD48046 - For Hasegawa Kit) 1:48 Quinta Studio

F-16I SUFA Interior 3D Decal (QD48046 - For Hasegawa Kit)

1:48 Quinta Studio

spacer.png

When Quinta’s innovative products first came to our attention a few months ago they caused quite a stir, as well they should.  The replacement Instrument Panels and internal details are mind-boggling to look at, because we’re used to seeing simplified styrene instrument panels, or Photo-Etch Brass panels with either two layers of etch, or laminated parts that can be tricky to glue together, even though they are pre-painted for your ease.  But decals?  These aren’t your run-of-the-mill decals though, they’re 3D printed in many layers and colours on a flat carrier film, having as much in the way of elevation as is needed to complete a realistic panel printed in the correct colours, complete with shiny dial faces, lustrous MFD screens and metallic-effect hardware, and often including cushions and seat belts in the set.

Each set arrives in a ziplok bag with a folded instruction booklet protecting the decals, which are also separately bagged, so they should reach you in good condition.  The pictorial instructions are printed on glossy paper, and are shown in full colour as befits the awesomeness of the sets, showing exactly where each part should go on the actual model, so there’s no confusion due to the “pictures speak a thousand words” maxim.  Additional hints and instructions are also included, marking out parts needing bases, kit parts and other useful tips.  The technical instructions in the text-based sheet gives additional tips to the new user about maximising adhesion and preventing lift at the edges by wicking in super glue.

spacer.png

This set for the Hasegawa F-16I Sufa supplies all of the front and rear instrument panels and side consoles. Also included are the cockpit sidewalls, seat pads, seat belts, seat handels and seat placards, as well as RBF tags.

spacer.png

bin.jpg

Conclusion

They’re still a highly impressive product and look to be very useful, even more so to those who are not fans of PE (Like myself). Very highly recommended.

Review sample courtesy of

logo.jpg

• Thanks 1