Revell 1:144 A350-900 Lufthansa new livery

Nice way to present your model although I confess that I'd much preferred to see still pictures where the quality of your work can be seen more closely and observed longer. Looks like you did a fine job.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I'd much preferred to see still pictures where the quality of your work can be seen more closely

Not a big fan of YouTube presentations but I will admit it takes skill to put the audio and video together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abandoned Project said:

Not a big fan of YouTube presentations but I will admit it takes skill to put the audio and video together.

You're quite correct about that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You're quite correct about that. 

15 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

Thanks.. not too much skill required for the presentation. GooglePhotos did the job- even the music!

I would have posted photos but the image hosting (Imgur/photobucket) is now charging for. If there are other hosting sites, please let me know. making the collage video was much easier on my phone.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work there with the model. One day I need to get on and build mine but like yours, mine is badly twisted and warped from the moulding process. I like your choice of livery too - top marks.

I just don't get why Airbus chose to design and build such an ugly duckling of a plane (nose end) when they were in direct competition with Boeing and the 787. Forget the noise reduction factors, passenger capability, range, fuel consumption etc of the A350 vs the 787 - its a bloomin ugly bird and something I just can't get excited about.

• Like 2

Lovely build :)

I moved to FlickR a few years ago after the photobucket scandal and whilst they charge, I don't expect something for nothing so happy with what it costs unless they pull the same stunt as PB. I had an issue uploading once and got support the same day so customer support is good too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Nice work there with the model. One day I need to get on and build mine but like yours, mine is badly twisted and warped from the moulding process. I like your choice of livery too - top marks.

I just don't get why Airbus chose to design and build such an ugly duckling of a plane (nose end) when they were in direct competition with Boeing and the 787. Forget the noise reduction factors, passenger capability, range, fuel consumption etc of the A350 vs the 787 - its a bloomin ugly bird and something I just can't get excited about.

Like the saying goes..."a face, only a mother would love" 😉

I felt and still feel the same about the A350s front end.

Taking the rest of the aircraft,its very elegant in design,so why they messed up the nose is beyond me.

Although the A350 has proven to be a very comfortable aircraft.

I flew 2019 on a Cathay Pacific A350-1000 to Hongkong.

Very nice flight and an incredibly smooth landing.

• Like 2

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

I'm in the other camp from @Alex1978 and @Gimme Shelter - I'm one of the strange minority who actually like the A350's odd, quirky looks! 

You must have been unlucky with your kit. When I did my China Airlines A350 a couple of years ago I didn't have any trouble with warping. It was one of the easiest and most pleasant builds I've ever done and I will definitely build the kit again. 

Dave G

• Like 1

On 08/01/2021 at 10:41, Zulu Hotel Alpha said:

Thanks.. not too much skill required for the presentation. GooglePhotos did the job- even the music!

I would have posted photos but the image hosting (Imgur/photobucket) is now charging for. If there are other hosting sites, please let me know. making the collage video was much easier on my phone.

Hello,

You may try imgbb as a hosting site : https://imgbb.com

It is easy to use and offers to open many separate albums.

Well done with your A350.
What a shame they do not exist in 1/200th !

Cheers.

AV O

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Thanks for the compliment. As I said earlier, it was my first build in over 3 decades.

I disagree with you saying it's ugly. I love the aircraft and have flown a number of times on it. and thats why I decide to build it. Inside and out, it was a joy to be in. So quiet.  But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And I do prefer the nose over the B787. Lets agree to disagree:)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I'm one of the strange minority who actually like the A350's odd, quirky looks! 

Strange? Speak for yourself! 😉 

6 hours ago, Zulu Hotel Alpha said:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

So true.

From what I have read the nose is a product of the internal placement of parts, minimising the exterior while maximizing the interior.

Form follows function, hence the economic/aerodynamic noses of the B787 and the A350.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1