1/72nd Arma Hurricane Mk.IIb, 605 (County of Warwick) Hal Far, Malta 1941/42

A wonderful model of my fave aircraft,well tidy mun. There are a lot of snobs in this hobby of ours and I too have beenĀ  told I am not a proper modeller because I do not use an airbrush,although in my case my models all come under the six foot rule [they look ok from six feet].

Regards

celt

Edited by celt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, celt said:

A wonderful model of my fave aircraft,well tidy mun. There are a lot of snobs in this hobby of ours and I too have beenĀ  told I am not a proper modeller because I do not use an airbrush,although in my case my models all come under the six foot rule [they look ok from six feet].

Regards

celt

Cheers celt,.... I mostly model for myself these days, with an occasional magazine article,..... so just please myself and we have to remember that it is just a hobby,.... some people are just too uptight. I think we all operate under the 6 foot rule mate,...LOL!Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Excellent job on a lovely kit of a great aeroplane! Always enjoy seeing your latest creations!

Thanks mate and that is very nice of you to say so,....... and very much appreciated.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Superb job as usual Tony. Have yet to build an Arma Hurricane, I have 4 I think but haven't got past building a couple of Airfix one's.

Ā 

Davey.

Cheers Davey,.. you`ll love the Arma kit,..... I had trouble with poor plastic on a recent Mk.I,.... but the quality if the plstic is generally excellent and the moulding first class..... we finally have some decent Hurricane`s,...... although the Airfix rag wing is very nice too,.... the canopy lets it down a bit.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Congratulations on an excellent piece of modelling. Well done.Ā 

Thank you very much indeed... very kind of you.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks everybody,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  TonyĀ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

That's superb work and the Sea Hurricane is immense. The US 'expert' needs a slap!

Thanks mate and LOL,.... yeah he probably does,.... haha!!Ā 

11 hours ago, wombat said:

Not just hairy sticks, but using (shock horror) humbrol enamels!!

Ā 

Ā 

LOL,.... yeah I know,.... scary stuff,...... learning to use them again! I could easily have gone horribly wrong!

11 hours ago, Robert Armstrong said:

Looks great, mate. Can't wait to get started on mine.Ā 

Thanks Bob,.... you`ll love it mate,..... they have improved it over the Mk.I to make it even easier to build! You know what I`m like for the Mk.IIb,.... the most widespread serving variant. Might do a Russian one next,.... or at least an RAF 151 Wing one from Murmansk?

10 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Pat's said it all!

Cheers Steve,.... I often make it up as I go along!Ā 

Ā 

All the best

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā TonyĀ 

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Bob,.... you`ll love it mate,..... they have improved it over the Mk.I to make it even easier to build! You know what I`m like for the Mk.IIb,.... the most widespread serving variant. Might do a Russian one next,.... or at least an RAF 151 Wing one from Murmansk?

Sounds good šŸ‘

• Like 1

Lovely job as usual @tonyot. Ā Excellently finished.

Ā 

Donā€™t pay any heed to the ā€˜Expertsā€™. Ā An ā€˜Exā€™ is a has been and a ā€˜Spurtā€™ is a drip under pressure!

I know a bit about lots of things, I am an expert at nothing and I know how to ask for help..

Ā 

Iā€™m hoping Arma bring out the IIb in 1/48, I have a couple of Airfix rear fuselage undersides and arrester hooks waiting to be graftedĀ on to the kit to build a couple of Operation Torch Sea Hurricanes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Lovely job as usual @tonyot. Ā Excellently finished.

Ā 

Donā€™t pay any heed to the ā€˜Expertsā€™. Ā An ā€˜Exā€™ is a has been and a ā€˜Spurtā€™ is a drip under pressure!

I know a bit about lots of things, I am an expert at nothing and I know how to ask for help..

Ā 

Iā€™m hoping Arma bring out the IIb in 1/48, I have a couple of Airfix rear fuselage undersides and arrester hooks waiting to be graftedĀ on to the kit to build a couple of Operation Torch Sea Hurricanes.

Cheers Chris and exactly,..... fully agree,

Let`s hope that Arma follow on with a 1/48th Mk.IIb eh,..... I would love that,..... my favourite variant! There were a mix of IIb & IIc Sea Hurri`s at Torch,.... so you could do a cannon one.Ā 

Cheers mate,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Tony

4 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheers Chris and exactly,..... fully agree,

Let`s hope that Arma follow on with a 1/48th Mk.IIb eh,..... I would love that,..... my favourite variant! There were a mix of IIb & IIc Sea Hurri`s at Torch,.... so you could do a cannon one.Ā 

Cheers mate,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Tony

Cheers Tony,

Ā 

I have two specifically in mind to do.

Ā 

Hawker Sea Hurricane IIb JS355. Ā 800 NAS HMS Bitter Operation Torch Nov 1942.

8.11.42. DW520 Destroyed over Oran airfield. Flown by LtCdr JM Bruen (Which means I would have a Skua, Fulmar, Sea Hurricane I & Sea Hurricane IIb all used by him to score air to air victories)

Ā 

Hawker Sea Hurricane IIbĀ AG334. 800 NAS HMS Bitter Operation Torch Nov 1942. Ā 08.11.42 2 x DW520 destroyed La Senia near Oran. Flown by SLt RM Crosley (I would have a Sea Hurricane IIb and D-Day Seafire III used by him to score air to air victories).

Ā 

Both adding to my overall collection..

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Cheers Tony,

Ā 

I have two specifically in mind to do.

Ā 

Hawker Sea Hurricane IIb JS355. Ā 800 NAS HMS Bitter Operation Torch Nov 1942.

8.11.42. DW520 Destroyed over Oran airfield. Flown by LtCdr JM Bruen (Which means I would have a Skua, Fulmar, Sea Hurricane I & Sea Hurricane IIb all used by him to score air to air victories)

Ā 

Hawker Sea Hurricane IIbĀ AG334. 800 NAS HMS Bitter Operation Torch Nov 1942. Ā 08.11.42 2 x DW520 destroyed La Senia near Oran. Flown by SLt RM Crosley (I would have a Sea Hurricane IIb and D-Day Seafire III used by him to score air to air victories).

Ā 

Both adding to my overall collection..

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Should look ace mate,.... have you got photos of them?Ā 

Excellent stuff as usual Tony. What I enjoy about your choices of markings is that they smash those pre- conceptions I have;Ā from years of lack of research I guess,Ā that these aircraft operating in other climates would be in DE and Middle Stone and not essentiallyĀ a BoB type finish with whiteĀ codes!? Every dayā€™s a school day !Ā šŸ‘

Ā 

Mike

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mick b said:

Excellent stuff as usual Tony. What I enjoy about your choices of markings is that they smash those pre- conceptions I have;Ā from years of lack of research I guess,Ā that these aircraft operating in other climates would be in DE and Middle Stone and not essentiallyĀ a BoB type finish with whiteĀ codes!? Every dayā€™s a school day !Ā šŸ‘

Ā 

Mike

Thanks Mike,..... glad you `get it' too.Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Veeery good one once again Tony !!

So, You're not a modeller because you prefer the hairy stick ??:rofl2:

I lived almost the same kind of stupidity here...

I do not deserve to be a member of IPMS Belgium because...

Ā a/ I did'nt make any belgian Air Force subjects....

Ā b/ I prefer publish in well known magazine instead of the "Kit"

But, when I started an IPMS chapter who did a Model show an a complete "Kit" magazine with my fellow club members ....

They did'nt changed their minds, I was still labelled an irrelevant member...

Ā 

Sooo after years, I'm back in IPMS... But as a very bad belgian, I give my money to IPMS U.K.

Ā 

Back to the Hurricanes, these CBI Hurricanes are very tempting for me ..

Keep up that wonderfull hairy stick job !!!Ā 

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Veeery good one once again Tony !!

So, You're not a modeller because you prefer the hairy stick ??:rofl2:

I lived almost the same kind of stupidity here...

I do not deserve to be a member of IPMS Belgium because...

Ā a/ I did'nt make any belgian Air Force subjects....

Ā b/ I prefer publish in well known magazine instead of the "Kit"

But, when I started an IPMS chapter who did a Model show an a complete "Kit" magazine with my fellow club members ....

They did'nt changed their minds, I was still labelled an irrelevant member...

Ā 

Sooo after years, I'm back in IPMS... But as a very bad belgian, I give my money to IPMS U.K.

Ā 

Back to the Hurricanes, these CBI Hurricanes are very tempting for me ..

Keep up that wonderfull hairy stick job !!!Ā 

Sincerely.

CC

Cheer CC,..... Ah well you know exactly what I mean,.... and have my own attitude to it,...... "ah f**k emĀ eh"@!!!!Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Lovely work on the Hurri, you've absolutely nailed it.

Ā 

Looking forward to the release of their 1/48 version, got their PZL P-11 on pre-order.

Ā 

Pete

Thanks Pete,.... very kind of you.Ā  Me too,... really looking forward to their 1/48th stuff too.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, 112 Squadron said:

Another masterpiece!Ā It is always a pleasure to see your lovely builds, Tony. The alignment of the serial number and the squadron codesĀ on the fuselage exactly match the reference photo.Ā 

Thanks mate and again, very kind of you to say so and to spot it!Ā 

Ā 

Cheers Fella`s,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  TonyĀ Ā 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheer CC,..... Ah well you know exactly what I mean,.... and have my own attitude to it,...... "ah f**k emĀ eh"@!!!!Ā 

Ā 

Thanks Pete,.... very kind of you.Ā  Me too,... really looking forward to their 1/48th stuff too.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks mate and again, very kind of you to say so and to spot it!Ā 

Ā 

Cheers Fella`s,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  TonyĀ Ā 

Definitely !!

At least, in IPMS UK nobody whine about my passion for british style aircraftsĀ :rofl2:

CC

• Haha 1

You know Tony that I am starting to ā€œhateā€ you šŸ˜¬. Ā Every time I get settled in on which kit to build next, you go and unveil somethingĀ better. Ā I like your latest here, the Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk.II. Ā Superb work as usual!!!!!Ā :goodjob:

Ā 

Mike

• Haha 2