Can't load ultimate paint conversion chart, due to Adobe flash ending - any other conversion charts?

bootneck

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find Vallejo equivalent, or as near as, for FS15450 Air Superiority Blue, but I cannot load the Ultimate paint conversion chart any more.  Is there an alternative 'go to' paint chart conversion that shows FS and BSC numbers alongside Vallejo and other paints?

cheers,

Mike

• bootneck changed the title to Can't load ultimate paint conversion chart, due to Adobe flash ending - any other conversion charts?

Mike if you're using Chrome you can allow Flash Player for https://www.paint4models.com/ by clicking on the padlock to the left of the URL . Choose Site Settings and change Flash Player to Allow (it will only be allowed for that site)

Hope this helps.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Mike,

The Vallejo main catalogue (downloadable here: https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/downloads/) gives Air Superiority Blue as Vallejo Model Air 71.332 Underside Blue “Faded”, however with FS35450 as a reference. There is also Vallejo 71.334 Flanker Light Blue and  71.337 Flanker Blue, they are less "faded" and might be a better match for FS15450?

Not sure if this helps you in any way? 

Cheers, Johnny b 

• Thanks 1

@bootneck If you're using Windows 10, Internet explorer still exists! On your start menu, scroll down to Windows accessories,  click on the link, and this will open a sub menu. It will now show a list of other apps. Explorer is one of them. This will still run the ultimate paint conversion site (well it does on my PC as I use it a lot, and have to do it this way!) 

Regards

****Well it would seem that this was a little premature - Adobe have somehow managed to block all access to inbuilt flash players on browsers with effect from 12/01/2021 - thus rendering all flash enabled websites redundant including The Ultimate Conversion Chart - tried to use it earlier today only to be greeted by a weird picture.  When I clicked on it, took me to a page on the Adobe website which explained that Adobe have blocked all access to Flash enabled content for "your own safety and security". Until the site owner preprogrammes the website with an alternative, the site is dead!  

Edited by treker_ed

• 2 weeks later...

I found nothing replacing the Ultimate Conversion Chart (and been searching since I saw that Flash player would be canned). But for comparisons between FS, RAL and BSC I use this https://www.e-paint.co.uk/compare-colours.asp. When you have chosen a colour just click on the sample.

Hope it helps.

Pat

Cant find it at the moment - but @Mike (if I remember correctly that is...) posted something the other day about the owner of Ultimate conversion chart having emailed to advise that he was working on changing the site over, obviously not a quick job but he was working on it. In the mean time, he was going to make the original PDF file available for download.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2021 at 10:43 PM, treker_ed said:

Cant find it at the moment - but @Mike (if I remember correctly that is...) posted something the other day about the owner of Ultimate conversion chart having emailed to advise that he was working on changing the site over, obviously not a quick job but he was working on it. In the mean time, he was going to make the original PDF file available for download.

Hope so, it was an incredibly useful resource.

I did send a message to them via their website about a month ago asking if they had any plans to produce a non-flash version but didn't get any response.