1/48 - de Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 by Airfix - released - new T.10/T.20 boxing in July 2024

Homebee

• alt-92 changed the title to 1/48 De Havilland Chipmunk T.10 by Airfix - Spring 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - de Havilland Chipmunk T.10 by Airfix - release Spring 2021
3 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Is this for real! I am definitely up for a few if that is the case.

No, Airfix are just joking with their 2021 range just announced...…….

• Haha 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - de Havilland Chipmunk T.10 by Airfix - box art+3D renders+ schemes release Spring 2021
Just now, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats a shame with all of the work you’ve put into it. 

All part of the fun. To be honest, I could have started printing the kits in December, but I held off as I was waiting for the Airfix announcement (on what I beleived was a very slim chance).

I think I'm going to order 8! Look at the brilliant colour schemes they offer too (subject to change) :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@wellsprop just in the offchance they dont include the alternative canopy you may want to print the Canadian bulged option and get ahead of Airfix. 

7 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

You could always pick it apart and if needed do conversion/detail bits :P

You both read my mind... As they say, watch this space ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - de Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 by Airfix - box art+3D renders+ schemes - release Spring 2021

I know I replied to this earlier but I am absolutely ecstatic with this!!!   Will have to do all the ones I flew in during  my ATC days having done them all nearly in 1/72nd. Hoping that Modelart who have done a nice decal sheet in 1/72 will do 1/48th ones and extra dayglo strips..            Yeeeeessssssssssssss!

• Like 2

Liking this a lot!    The engine will be nice to display separately too (the other year I was helping a friend set up and run in a modified Gipsy engine in his test cell), as mine will be getting a bigger engine and longer cowl.

A 48th Chipmunk, from Airfix, this is absolutely superb news!

Hopefully they will go their Gnat route and do a 72nd scale version aswel.

There will be plenty of "my first flight was in one of those..." buyers for this.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 3

Both rudders, and separate anti-spin strakes I see 👍

I hope those seat cushions are separate parts, as in real life, or we'll need to make our own arrangements for in-service RAF examples.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 85sqn said:

Bravo Airfix, this was one of my predictions last year!!! I hope they include the later exhaust type suitable for the AAC types.

Top stuff

Some RAF Chipmunks were also modified. If this isn't included in the Airfix kit, I will be releasing it as a conversion. 

55 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

Both rudders, and separate anti-spin strakes I see 👍

I hope those seat cushions are separate parts, as in real life, or we'll need to make our own arrangements for in-service RAF examples.

I didn't spot both the rudders and separate spin strakes - glad they are included though! 

• Like 1