Mach 2 1/72nd scale DC-8-50 Delta Airlines

Holy...this is an absolutely stunning DC-8.

I already started to worry,that the kit went to the shelf of doom after such a long time.

Glad you could solve the problems,it was very much worth the wait.

Superb superb

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

See....Mach 2 kits are buildable. :frantic:

Yup... just a little elbow grease needed, that's all! :)

1 hour ago, Shalako said:

Beautiful work and from an era when smoking was still allowed in the passengers cabin.

Cheers,

Bill

Couldn't imagine anything worse - that must have STUNK!

1 hour ago, Alex1978 said:

Holy...this is an absolutely stunning DC-8.

I already started to worry,that the kit went to the shelf of doom after such a long time.

Glad you could solve the problems,it was very much worth the wait.

Superb superb

You're very kind, Alex - it did sit forlorn and unloved for too long but the end is in sight now...

Tom

Tom: this is absolutely fab!  Everything about your work here is stunning.  Are the cockpit windows clear, or did you use some clever decals?  

BTW: I remember when there was smoking in the cabins, but I was never seated there and it didn't matter because the smoke drifted forward.  Also, everyone we met at the gate (remember those days???) parted from the aircraft smelling like a mixture of cigarette smoke and jet fuel.  You could always tell when a visitor arrived at our house directly from the airport--from the scent alone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shalako said:

A really bad experience Tom

And those were in the "good old days" when we were still flying around in 747-100s, DC-8s, 727-100s, etc.  I never flew on a DC-8-55, just a -63.

Just to reiterate, this is pro work on your part, Tom!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Tom: this is absolutely fab!  Everything about your work here is stunning.  Are the cockpit windows clear, or did you use some clever decals?  

BTW: I remember when there was smoking in the cabins, but I was never seated there and it didn't matter because the smoke drifted forward.  Also, everyone we met at the gate (remember those days???) parted from the aircraft smelling like a mixture of cigarette smoke and jet fuel.  You could always tell when a visitor arrived at our house directly from the airport--from the scent alone.

Despite spending ages polishing the canopy, I decided to use decals for the cockpit which came with the custom decals. They are ‘photo-realistic’ and easily trick the eye into thinking there’s a full interior in there. Very clever!

And they certainly were the ‘good old days’ of flying. If you liked fags and av-gas!

Tom

• Like 1