Pat's 2020 yearbook.....

patmaquette

Hi everyone.

A miserable year in other respects, but quite an enjoyable one hobby-wise. One big project (Ark Royal) completed after a year of construction, another fairly big one (Airfix's Ready for Battle set) plus a few cleared from the shelf of doom.

Ark Royal:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

More photos in the RFI thread here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235076648-ark-royal-circa-1587-finished-model/

Next up was Airfix's "Ready for Battle" set that I built in my first ever Group Build, this one being the Battle of Britain one.....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

More photos in the RFI thread here....

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235076813-ready-for-battle-airfix-148-hurricane-refueller-truck-and-ground-crew/

Some Sea Fury's were completed from the shelf of doom. I had been building three at the same time until things went wrong so I put them to one side.....

spacer.png

The largest one is Airfix's 1/48 kit finished in markings of my father-in-law's squadron 1832 NAS in the 1950's. This one being VX620/151/CH of RNAS Culham. A super kit by Airfix which looks really good when completed and well worth being done properly rather than in a rush to finish!....

spacer.png

spacer.png

The folded wing model is Trumpeter's 1/72 kit finished as VW697/102/R of 804 NAS, HMS Glory (R62). A lovely little kit as well, although those more knowledgeable of the aircraft have criticized it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The last of the Sea Fury's is my "paint mule". It is the PM Models kit. Looks okay until you compare it to the others!

spacer.png

spacer.png

I used the decals from the Trumpeter kit for WJ232/114/O piloted by Lt "Hoagy" Carmichael of 802 NAS, HMS Ocean 8/1952.

Another 'paint mule" that turned out quite well was the Airfix Spitfire that I built when constructing the Ready for Battle diorama....

spacer.png

spacer.png

My last one is a quick build to restore some lost modelling mojo. This is the venerable Hasegawa 1/72 Skyhawk A-4E/F finished in decals from the box. I really didn't like the raised panel lines!

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's it for the year. Many thanks for stopping by to look.

Best wishes to you all for a happy modelling 2021! 

Cheers,

Pat

• Like 15

Excellent 2020 collection Pat! The Ark Royal is brilliantly done, it's fantastic. Your BoB dio looks the business as well, it lives and breathes! And I'm a sucker for 1/72 trucks... 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your great comments everyone - they are much appreciated.

This year's big project will be the Airfix 1/24 Typhoon. It's been maturing like fine wine in the stash for 6-years, so time to pop open the cork.

Cheers,

Pat

• Like 3