1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I & Mk.IA released - new Mk.I boxing in Q2 2024

Homebee

Question for all - the video and the instructions show what appears a tail fin that is part of the fuselage - if I’m correct the Australian Beauforts had a bigger fin which I’m guessing means no VIII’s from this mould. I’m hoping I’m wrong.

2 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

Question for all - the video and the instructions show what appears a tail fin that is part of the fuselage - if I’m correct the Australian Beauforts had a bigger fin which I’m guessing means no VIII’s from this mould. I’m hoping I’m wrong.

This kit is MkI/IA only.

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

Judging by what ICM have done with other subjects, I’d be very surprised if this remained the only release of their Beaufort. You just have to look at their Douglas A/B-26 family to know they love adding new parts and new boxart to their existing subjects. I’ll bet 1/4 of my stash an Aussie version will be produced in good time. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Again, looking at the instructions and video, the tail fin is part of the fuselage with no inserts (not like a P-51 with the dorsal fin inserts).  Not being familiar with the way ICM do variants, unless you cut the fin off and replace it (same as the High Planes 1/72 conversion for the Airfix kit) you can’t (I’m assuming) easily add the bigger fin. Is this how ICM usually attack variants? Thanks

28 minutes ago, mahavelona said:

I'm wondering if the slated December release which includes a tropical filter will be the same plastic? Can't see that the filters would require an entire new sprue myself.

You can download the instructions from the website and see the parts layout.

https://icm.com.ua/aviation/bristol-beaufort-mk-i/ 

• Like 1

From what I have seen of the press releases relating to this kit it still has the feel of something that is in production and the delivery date is a bit off yet.

Just my feeling.

3 hours ago, Gordon J said:

From what I have seen of the press releases relating to this kit it still has the feel of something that is in production and the delivery date is a bit off yet.

Just my feeling.

I ordered the kit on Saturday from an eBay seller, it's now awaiting my collection from the local eBay Click & Collect store!

P

Edited by PDH
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PDH said:

I ordered the kit on Saturday from an eBay seller, it's now awaiting my collection from the local eBay Click & Collect store!

P

Jadlam has them in stock. Just ordered mine.

22 hours ago, Gordon J said:

Just my feeling.

Mine is on the way from Jadlam.

Recieved mine toaday and I notice the 'other' rear turret and nose glazing is included in the kit. If I were to use these would that make it a Mk.1a or a Mk. IIa, or are there other differences between a I and a Ia and IIa?

Edited by keithjs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, keithjs said:

Recieved mine toaday and I notice the 'other' rear turret and nose glazing is included in the kit. If I were to use these would that make it a Mk.1a or a Mk. IIa, or are there other differences between a I and a Ia and IIa?

Hi

MkII had different engines, P&W 1830 twin wasp 

which makes me think there will be more issues,

at least a MKII with new engines

and most likely then a new fuselage for the aussie ones

cheers

jerry 

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I released - Mk.IA in November 2022
On 9/23/2022 at 5:17 PM, woody37 said:

Has anyone seen the actual plastic yet? I've only seen renders.

Got mine!

Panel lines are fine. Zoomed in on the photo they might look a little rough, but you won't notice it viewing normally.

Surface texture is very fine grainy, like ultra fine sandpaper.

The parts are in a resealable plastic bag (it's sticky: unstick and re-stick). Transparent plastic is in a separate clear bag, (strangely) sandwiched in the middle of other sprue trees.

Waterslide decals have very little carrier film. The colours are good, but the white of the roundels is too bright for my liking - refrigerator white almost. I would prefer it scaled down to off-white or ivory.

It's quite a tightly packed box. Be careful inspecting the parts. Don't disturb the bag too much - you might have difficulty getting the bits all back in the box. The box size is identical to that used for the ICM 1/32 Cr42.

Screenshot-20221027-172316-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20221027-181106-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20221027-171955-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20221027-171606-Gallery.jpg

20221027-161647.jpg

20221027-162240.jpg

20221027-162112.jpg

20221027-162229.jpg

20221027-163010.jpg

20221027-163038.jpg

20221027-161858.jpg

20221027-163336.jpg