1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I & Mk.IA released - new Mk.I boxing in Q2 2024

Homebee

As already stated, I am hopeful a Mk II/DAP version gets released - I am confident that it will.

would also be cool to see either a kit or a conversion (probably the latter I suspect) to produce a Beaufreighter:

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

Hi,

I wonder if anyone might help me with information about one of the Bristol Beaufort Mk.I of the 42 Squadron - W6541.

Specially I am looking for the Code Letters..... they should be WA-?

This Beaufort dropped 4 bombs, close to the Harbour of my home town, in Haugesund/Norway, on the 12.09.1941.

Regards

Oystein

23 hours ago, GTX said:

As already stated, I am hopeful a Mk II/DAP version gets released - I am confident that it will.

would also be cool to see either a kit or a conversion (probably the latter I suspect) to produce a Beaufreighter:

Hi

i would hope ICM do like they did with the 88 and 111 

and produced most of the versions

the sprue shots will give us an idea what they plan to do

cheers

jerry

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oystein Ostensjo said:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone might help me with information about one of the Bristol Beaufort Mk.I of the 42 Squadron - W6541.

This Beaufort dropped 4 bombs, close to the Harbour of my home town, in Haugesund/Norway, on the 12.09.1941.

Regards

Oystein

I don’t have any specific information, however No.42’s Squadrons code letters are ‘AW’ not ‘WA’ so if you’re doing some type of internet search for WA you probably won’t find anything. 

Cheers.. Dave 

On 8/29/2022 at 1:49 AM, Oystein Ostensjo said:

Hi,

Regards

Oystein

This might help:

spacer.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GTX said:

This might help:

spacer.png

This is fantastic, thank you so much for this! This says that the Code Letters of W6541 is AW-G. I am going to make this model for the Arquebus War Museum in Haugesund, Norway. As a child, my mother was living close to the "target" - they hit an old Graveyard and a Park, close to a Ship Yard, used by the Germans. It was a big Bang, at six o'clock in the morning. Most people were sleeping in their houses, and luckily nobody was hurt.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, GTX said:

This might help:

spacer.png

What books that from @GTX?.That could have been handy when I was researching No.22 Sqn. Beaufort’s about a year or so ago. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

hopefully getting near release date ?

just in time for my retirement 

cheers

jerry

Still no sign of it.  I know there's a war on but since it's announcement details relating to the ICM Beaufort have been a bit vague to say the least.

Personally I'm not holding my breath for it appearing this month

I'll be just glad if/when it appears, given everything going on over there. I can certainly have no complaints about any delays, having read some of the stories about some of the guys that sculpt the plastic soldiers for Strelets.

3 hours ago, Branky said:

According to my suppliers it will be available end of September / early October this year. This providing the little boy in Kremlin does not get cross and start throwing his toys

I think we're all hoping both statements there come true. I'm constantly amazed by these companies who are carrying on working. Utter respect to them all.

After waiting so long for a Beaufort a few more weeks is bearable.

• Like 3

Hi

i looked at the e bay listing but the sprue photos to me seem to be computer drawings

none of the small parts connect to a sprue, there is just a gap 

I think i will still wait for hannants to get some in stock 

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I released
14 hours ago, SleeperService said:

ICM show the clear parts with a mist of white paint to show the detail. Personally I'm happy that they haven't lowered their quality.

Hi

hopefully as good a quality kit as the ju-88's that i previously bought

i weakened and bought one thro a lithuanian seller, it gave me a better shipping estimate,

then i just wait for the one from hannants

i wonder if they will do a MKII version later 

cheers

jerry