1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I & Mk.IA released - new Mk.I boxing in Q2 2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - box art - release Mk.I in February 2022

Hi

is it possible they read the date

10.2.22 as i originaly did thinking 

oct 2nd 22

and not 10th feb 22 as it was meant to be read ? 

i hope it is not delayed 

cheers

jerry

1 hour ago, brewerjerry said:

is it possible they read the date

Well, October is IV quarter 2022. But Hannants doesn't have to read release date from the ICM website. They got whole new kits listing with release dates directly from ICM. How else could they have known the catalogue numbers of the novelties before the catalogue was published? Moreover - how would they know the release dates when none of the announced models are yet posted on the ICM website?

The faith in information published on websites is greatly exaggerated. You can actually check it out - click on either of these two links https://icm.com.ua/2021/04/07/in-process-1-32-dh-82c-tiger-moth/ or https://icm.com.ua/2021/10/06/in-process-1-48-gotha-go-242a/ and try to find "more information". 

The landing pages, https://icm.com.ua/aviation/dh-82c-tiger-moth/ and https://icm.com.ua/aviation/gotha-go-242a/ respectively, do not exist at the moment, although they were already published and were available for a long time. I downloaded the boxart for 32036 in April 2021.

Both kits were announced in 2021 catalogue, both had illustrations published... and both are missing even from search results. With "In process" box checked only two kits were displayed.

ICM-Search-Results.png

On 1/5/2022 at 10:31 AM, Stephen said:

I messaged ICM and asked about the Beaufort and they replied that they were planning to release it in July.

Hi

thats close enough for a

me b'day prezzie 🙂

cheers

jerry 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - box art - release Mk.I in July 2022 ?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - box art - release Mk.I in July 2022
  • 6 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - box art - release Mk.I in September 2022

I don't have information but can only assume they have some long term issues with producing the kit.

Normally ICM release stuff when they say they will, within the catalogue year, but this one has been in the making for a while (of course the war situation will have some impact but they are still churning out other items from the 2022 programme)

I asked at the start of the year if there were any sprue shots or CAD images of this kit but aside from a few variations on the box art there has been nothing. Not sure if the Russian invasion is having an impact on their productivity. For all we know the guy designing the kit could be splitting his time between the office and the front line.

2 hours ago, span said:

Pre ordered and payed for this last year they gave me my money back in Feb said no idea when if ever it would be released 

Special Hobby announced one years ago.... must be a jinxed type to manufacture?

Mike

23 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

any updates ?

As I wrote in December, Hannants got information about planned release dates from ICM. The release of the kit was planned for the autumn and so far nothing has changed - ICM announces a release date of 10 September, so realistically the model will be in shops at the end of that month or in October. Unless, of course, there are delays, but we will find out about those too in September or October.

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - box art+decals - release Mk.I in September 2022
9 hours ago, Homebee said:

Now expected/announced for September 2022 - ref. 48310 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.1

Source: https://icm.com.ua/aviation/bristol-beaufort-mk-i/

V.P.

Perfect 

many thanks for the update 

cheers

jerry

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

any sprue photos yet ?

cheers

jerry 

Not seen anything of the plastic pertaining to this kit. I will be surprised if this actually gets released in September.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - box art+decals+3D renders - release Mk.I in September 2022