1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I & Mk.IA released - new Mk.I boxing in Q2 2024

Homebee

Kinda reminds me of the Do 335, so many kits for so few real life examples.. the scale modelling world is littered with many examples of this abhorrent crime.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2021 at 7:31 AM, Homebee said:

Hi

interesting link quotes 16.12.21 as a date 

could be the release date ? 

just in time for my hobby budget to recover sufficient funds 

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I by ICM - box art - release Q4 2021
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Well we are approaching Q4 2021, hopefully there will be some news soon

Release date was changed to 05.12.2021. This fits with the current rhythm of releasing news for the first week of the month. But I would rather expect them in shops at the end of December or even in January.

• Like 2

Depends on definition of quarters. Financial year, q4 would be Jan to mar 2022 ( q1 Apr to Jun 2021, q2, jul to SEP, q3 Oct to Dec).

On that basis, we are only entering q3 2021!

Edited by treker_ed

Most businesses use the financial year for planning therefore quoting Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 2021 is different to what would be a calendar year. Thus there is a different definition of Quarter depending on usage -  Financial reporting or yearly. So ICM are stating Q4 2021 (for example, they could be stating in financial terms for Jan to March 2022 as this would fall in the financial reporting period for the fourth quarter of the financial/tax year for 2021/2022 which runs 1th April 2021 to 31st March 2022 (well at least in the UK - may be different in some other countries

Edited by treker_ed

Going quite a long way off topic but financial year for a company and tax year might not be the same (my very hazy recollection is the UK tax year ending on 5 April is only for personal tax and companies can elect a different tax year) and it varies by country. Here in Australia for most companies it’s June, I’ve dealt with British companies that use December, June and September, and so on.

I’m looking forward to the Beaufort whenever it arrives!

On 9/12/2021 at 12:07 AM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Information about the release dates of new products is addressed to customers, not to accountants. Nobody in the entire model industry gives dates other than calendar ones, because customers do not care about the manufacturer's settlements with local tax offices either.

At last, someone talking sense. Jeeze…

• Like 6

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I by ICM - box art - release December 2021
On 11/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Fair play to them on the subject and scale but compared to their other box art this is erm,.... sub optimal IMHO!

TT

True, but it's the plastic that counts.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 12:34 PM, IT_Man said:

Odd they've just switched the background and added the torpedo compared to the original 

"Standby for action!"  Cue the Stingray TV intro

Hi 

Seems the release date has slid to

hopefully it means the 10th Feb 

and not the 2nd of oct

https://icm.com.ua/aviation/bristol-beaufort-mk-i/

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I by ICM - box art - release February 2022
  • 4 weeks later...