1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I & Mk.IA released - new Mk.I boxing in Q2 2024

Homebee

13 hours ago, IT_Man said:

No, I meant maybe if they were also going to do in 1/48 (like Blenheim). But still from ICM is good - the kits have taken a big step forwards in the last few years.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Airfix seem to very much to cherry pick what gets upscaled and I am not sure of the criteria, although seems to be where there is a real airframe to look at, which would be the case for the Beaufort, even though it is composite airframe. 

Give us a Mk.VIII and it will fly off the shelves Down Under. ICM are good for kitting other / every version so odds on the P&W versions will be forthcoming. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 6

I've already got the Airfix on backorder at the Big H, so it looks like I'll be doing the same for the ICM kit.   May do Oliver Philpott's aircraft in 1/48 now.  Who'd have thought it, a 1/48 Beaufort.  Happy days!

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 2

Hi

Time to scrap my stalled beaufort vacuform cross kit beaufighter build then 

perhaps i should start my 1/32 vacuform beaufort , so someone can release an injection one 

cheers

jerry 

P.S. 

I just put one on backorder with hannants, having previously cancelled my airfix backorder 

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Binbrooksumpy said:

Bullseye. Hampden and Whitley next?

One can still get the Fonderie Miniature Hampden if you look around.

A styrene Armstrong Whitworth Whitley in 1/48 rather than the Sanger vacuform one would be nice.  Also good would be a 1/48 Short Stirling and Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTX said:

A styrene Armstrong Whitworth Whitley in 1/48 rather than the Sanger vacuform one would be nice.  Also good would be a 1/48 Short Stirling and Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle.

The cost of the Hampden kit is insignificant compared to the counselling costs afterwards!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 1/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, GTX said:

FM - I don't think so, not at my standard. I have a Sanger Stirling - guess where that is??😭 Good suggestions though any 1/48 Bomber Command would be welcome. Also Hastings and York 😃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RHWinter said:

It seems that here are many amongst us who do not dare expressing their deepest inner wishes: The whole Bomber Command in 1/16th scale. True? 😁

That's just crazy talk.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I by ICM - box art - release in 2021