1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I/IA by ICM - Mk.I & Mk.IA released - new Mk.I boxing in Q2 2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bristol Beaufort Mk.I by ICM - release in 2021
Just now, thepureness said:

What an announcement. My first must have of the new kits announced this year 

Amen to that. Wonder how this will impact on sales of the Airfix Beaufort...will people want to wait for the ICM kit?

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

Amen to that. Wonder how this will impact on sales of the Airfix Beaufort...will people want to wait for the ICM kit?

The Airfix one is 1/72.  This will be 1/48 so possibly little if any impact.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

If they were in the same scale that would be a potential impact. Not with ine in 1/72 and one in 1/48 though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IT_Man said:

Wondrr if its why the Airfix launch got delayed? Maybe they were going to produce but now re-consider?

No, the Airfix kit 1/72nd scale, not 1/48th and Airfix have much wider distribution and why should they, it has been advertised and a build shown off in Airfix Model World. Airfix are not going to pull the plug at the last minute when release is due  about March, there is too much invested at this stage. 

Airfix have had to put back a number of releases because of the effect of the pandemic. The kits are produced in India, the decals in Italy and the boxes in the UK. None of these counties is exactly covid free and all that entails. 

• Like 1

ICM really have upped their game

Looking more likely that hey will give us a Hampden ahead of Airfix 

can see The news from the East in Jan 2022 might be more anticipated than Airfix 😏

• Like 3

9 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

ICM really have upped their game

Looking more likely that hey will give us a Hampden ahead of Airfix 

can see The news from the East in Jan 2022 might be more anticipated than Airfix 😏

Yes. I'm prepared to sacrifice some of my blood on the Sanger kit if needed.

• Haha 1